Server Automation Engineer (Contract role)
Mountain View, CA
Title: Server Automation Engineer (Contract role)
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: MPS Knox
Location: Mountain View, CA
Exciting opportunity for a Server Automation Engineer in our Samsung Knox Cloud Services (KCS) QA org. you will
be responsible for data migration testing, automating back-end and front-end applications from a wide range of
products offered by our cloud.
At KCS, our products help other businesses remotely configure Samsung phones/tablets in bulk, tailored to their
specific needs. They can create custom devices with unique profiles, settings, restrictions, apps, and other content.
- Build maintainable, high quality and effective automated tests for APIs and/or GUI apps.
- Understand data models and write queries to validate data across systems after data migration.
- Design and develop database migration methodologies/procedures to relocate business data from legacy database systems to a modern replacement solution.
- Design and review test strategies for RESTful APIs and web applications.
- Develop and evolve test automation frameworks, tools, and services.
- Work with Product Engineering, Infrastructure Engineering, and Data Engineering teams to find the optimal way to scale the infrastructure
- Tackle the state-of-the-art cloud performance issues: Analyze and debug difficult server performance issues, identify bottlenecks and optimize product/service performance to improve user experience
- Collaborate with PMs, Dev. Engineering, Test Engineering, TPMs, UX designers and other execs to get the best out of your ability
- Analyze production issues, identify test gaps across the entire testing stack and make systemic improvements to Automation testing
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution.
- Help in building Engineering culture that enables quality in all software features across Knox services.
- 5+ years of server API automation experience.
- 2+ years of experience with data migration, mapping and DB level data validation.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or relevant field
- Strong coding skills in Java or python.
- Hands on experience in relational databases and database architecture and understanding data models and ER diagrams.
- Strong SQL (SQL, PL SQL, MySQL, Mongo DB) skills, queries, store procedures and functions, code debugging,UNIX
- Ability to perform migration testing of static data and transaction data from one cloud server to other cloud server or system
- Experience with performance and capacity engineering is required.
- Hands-on experience in development and maintenance of automation frameworks.
- Experience with Git, continuous integration and deployment tools (Jenkins/CircleCI)
- Prior experience with the Azure eco-system is a plus.
- Possess great attention to detail and very good at documenting/presenting them.
- Experience working with global teams in different geographical locations.
- Exceptional communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills required.
Who You Are
- Self-Starter: Thrive in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Customer-centric: Anybody you interact with can be considered a customer.
- Deep-diver: Curious about everything and insists on understanding the big picture.
- Smart: Thinks long-term, ROI, saving costs/resource utilization.
- Inspirational: Motivate self and others, always working towards a solution.
- Quality advocate: Maintain high standards when it comes to product quality.
- Innovator: Constantly on the lookout for improving what we do.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.