Engineering Manager, DevOps
Redwood City, CA
Poshmark is the largest community marketplace for fashion where anyone can buy, sell, and share their personal style. With millions of shoppers and seller stylists, Poshmark brings together a vibrant community every day to express themselves and share their love of fashion.
Do you believe that automation is the only way to scale out a service? Do you believe in improving operational efficiency by building tools and bots? Join us, the Poshmark’s Tools & Infrastructure team in pushing the limits of cloud-based technologies to power our explosive growth! As we continue to experience a dramatic increase in the usage of our product, help us scale our infrastructure, tools and processes to improve the operational efficiency and developer productivity. We’re looking for a DevOps Manager to join us and lead the highly talented and motivated global team of DevOps engineers. You will be responsible for building and executing the strategy for efficient operation of daily activities, developer productivity and continuous improvement for monitoring, automation and tools development.
- Lead and mentor a global team of exceptional DevOps engineers.
- Own and drive the strategic roadmap for our Tools & Infrastructure team.
- Enable rapid development through robust Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Script / automate core processes to improve efficiency as well as platform availability.
- Empower developers to be more self-reliant by building highly reliable and scalable tools and automation.
- Work closely with product development, Quality Engineering and data engineering teams to help deliver a quality product.
- Manage configuration deployment and deployment tools.
- Partner with other teams to share tools, expertise, and create effective solutions.
- Understand the complex dev automation stack, dev env’s and derive the plan to make it more reliable.
- Reduce the number of issues that a developer can face on the dev env’s and the CI by improving the resiliency and reliability of the systems.
- Improve the ownership of all the functional areas owned by Tools & Infrastructure team.
12+ Month Accomplishments
- Create a process and framework to test the reliability and resilience of the systems.
- Define and execute a strategic roadmap for scaling the dev stack.
- Hire and mentor best in class global devops team.
- Ability to solve operational issues through engineering automated solutions.
- 7+ years of experience in SRE/DevOps role is required, ideally in a startup or fast growing company.
- 2+ years of experience in leading, and mentoring highly skilled engineers.
- Experience with cloud platforms, preferably AWS.
- Excellent knowledge of Unix.
- Familiarity with NoSQL systems, preferably MongoDB, Redis.
- Strong scripting/Automating skills using any of the following languages: python, ruby etc.
- Hands-on experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, configuration management with Ansible or Puppet and Terraform.
- Preferred experience with Docker containers and orchestration platforms such as ECS, Kubernetes, EKS.
- Experience with build/release (CI/CD) pipelines and methodologies (Jenkins, etc).
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (e.g. Git, or SVN)
Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, pets, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of ecommerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and sustainable. Its community of more than 70 million registered users across the U.S., Canada, and Australia is driving the future of commerce while promoting more sustainable consumption. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, and for company news and announcements, please visit investors.poshmark.com. You can also find Poshmark on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.
At Poshmark, we’re constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of Poshmark. We’re disrupting the industry by combining social connections with e-commerce through data-driven solutions and the latest technology to optimize our platform. We’re nothing without our amazing team who deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
We built Poshmark around four core values: 1) focus on people to create empowered communities that drive success; 2) together we grow to support each other to strive for our dreams; 3) lead with love to foster genuine connections built upon a foundation of respect; and 4) embrace your weirdness to accept and empower one another on their own unique journey. We’re invested in our team and community, working together to build an entirely new way to shop. That way, when we win, we all win together. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever.
Here’s what we’ll set you up with:
- A team that is invested in your career growth and training
- Competitive salary and equity, based on experience
- Company sponsors up to 100% cost for your health, dental and vision plans and up to 90% for your dependents
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Flexible vacation / paid time off policy
- Parental leave
- Personal style encouraged (or not, whatever you’re in to)
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.