Senior DevOps Engineer
We’re looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to fill the mission-critical role of ensuring that our complex, web-scale systems are healthy, monitored, automated, and designed to scale. You will use your background as an operations generalist to work closely with our development teams from the early stages of design all the way through identifying and resolving production issues. The ideal candidate will be passionate about an operations role that involves deep knowledge of both the application and the product, and will also believe that automation is a key component to operating large-scale systems.
- Design, build and maintain infrastructure stack that allows Poshmark to scale and support millions of users.
- Working closely with product and dev teams to ensure that we ship software that meets security, availability, and performance requirements.
- Codify our infrastructure with automation tools like Ansible, Terraform, and Kubernetes.
- Make monitoring more proactive than reactive.
- Automating work including infrastructure builds, testing, failover solutions, failure mitigation.
- Be part of an on-call rotation.
- Debugging complex problems across an entire stack.
- Writing, updating, and using the documentation, including incident runbooks/playbooks
- Familiarize with Poshmark tech stack and functional requirements.
- Get comfortable with automation tools/frameworks and deployment processes
- within Cloud Ops/SRE organization.
- Gain in-depth knowledge related to product functionality and infrastructure.
- Start Contributing by working on small to medium scale projects.
- Be part of our 12x on-call support team.
12+ Month Accomplishments
- Working with developers on understanding the system impact for the newly developed features.
- Create meaningful alerts and dashboards for various sub-systems.
- Identify gaps in infrastructure and work on improving them.
- Focus on setting up reliability goals for your product functions by working closely with product and dev teams.
- 5+ years of experience designing, building and operating large-scale production systems
- Experience with automation tools like Terraform, Ansible etc.
- Experience working with Cloud - preferably AWS.
- Strong Programming skills - Python and/or Ruby.
- Experience debugging complex problems.
- Have experience with MongoDB, Redis, HAProxy, ElasticSearch, Docker, Kubernetes, or similar technologies.
- Ability to think about edge cases, failure modes, and recovery of the systems.
- Experience with monitoring and observability tools such as with Datadog, New Relic, and Prometheus.
- Share our values and work in accordance with those values.
Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of ecommerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and fun. Its community of more than 70 million registered users across the U.S. and Canada is driving the future of commerce while promoting more sustainable consumption. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, and for company news and announcements, please visit investors.poshmark.com. You can also find Poshmark on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.
At Poshmark, we’re constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of Poshmark. We’re disrupting the industry by combining social connections with e-commerce through data-driven solutions and the latest technology to optimize our platform. We’re nothing without our amazing team who deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
We built Poshmark around four core values:
1) Focus on People to create empowered communities that drive success;
2) Together we Grow to support each other to strive for our dreams;
3) Lead with Love to foster genuine connections built upon a foundation of respect; and
4) Embrace your Weirdness to accept and empower one another on their own unique journey.
We’re invested in our team and community, working together to build an entirely new way to shop. That way, when we win, we all win together. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever.
Here’s what we’ll set you up with:
- A team that is invested in your career growth and development
- Competitive salary
- Company sponsored insurance
- Smartphone reimbursement
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Flexible vacation / paid time off policy
- Parental leave
- Healthy and exciting catered lunches, snacks and beverages offered daily
- Personal style encouraged (or not, whatever you’re in to)
- Fun company happy hours, parties, and offsite events
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
More DevOps and Cloud position highlights
- Explore open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Explore open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Explore open Linux Infrastructure Developer Jobs
- Explore open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Explore open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Explore open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Explore open Senior Cloud Architect Jobs
- Explore open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Explore open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Explore open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Explore open Solutions Architect - VMware Specialist Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer - Python/Ansible Jobs
- Explore open Senior Quality Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Application Developer: DevOps Jobs
- Explore open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer (Remote) Jobs
- Explore open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Explore open REST-related jobs
- Explore open MySQL-related jobs
- Explore open Prometheus-related jobs
- Explore open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Explore open Jira-related jobs
- Explore open S3-related jobs
- Explore open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Explore open Virtualization-related jobs
- Explore open High availability-related jobs
- Explore open VMware-related jobs
- Explore open Golang-related jobs
- Explore open EC2-related jobs
- Explore open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Explore open Redis-related jobs
- Explore open MongoDB-related jobs
- Explore open JS-related jobs
- Explore open Grafana-related jobs
- Explore open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Explore open Gitlab-related jobs
- Explore open Node-related jobs
- Explore open Perl-related jobs
- Explore open Web applications-related jobs
- Explore open Spark-related jobs
- Explore open Load Balancing-related jobs
- Explore open Node.js-related jobs