Infrastructure Engineer - Networks and Systems
Eden Prairie, Minnesota, United States
Infrastructure Engineer - Network/Systems
As the Infrastructure Engineer will guide and provide in-depth technical expertise to both internal and external technical teams on the design, configuration and management of AWN’s infrastructure. There will be a focus on network configuration, management and systems supporting our entire environment. You will be responsible ensuring the build, availability, design, security and support of systems supporting our corporate network.
• Support projects for IT, R&D, and other groups (e.g., upgrades, hardware/software installations.)
• Assist with building and supporting the corporate networks at all sites
• Assist with tools to assist with automation of tasks for both efficiency and repeatability.
• Documenting and diagraming Network and Systems configuration and changes.
• Manage, deploy and configure corporate SaaS services.
• Manage patching and maintenance of all corporate systems.
• Provide escalation support for help desk.
• Provide advice and technical training
• Work with Cybersecurity on vulnerability remediation to enhance the organization’s security posture.
• Monitoring and Alerting of out network systems and security and remediation.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate technical and nontechnical messages to all levels of staff.
• Assist in administrating our corporate, internal, and global Jira and Confluence instances.
• Creating and managing spaces within Confluence for end users to produce content in.
• On-Call Pager Duty rotation.
• Ability to travel within US and Internationally.
• Experience running networks in a corporate environment.
• Experience with Juniper, Cisco, pfSense, Ubiquiti, AWS
• Understanding of protocols including UDP, TCP, DNS, DHCP, STP, VLAN’s
• Experience with Bash, Python, Perl, Git, and Ansible
• Experience with Linux, macOS, and Windows. In both endpoint and server capacities.
• Understanding of the following or similar platforms Jira, Confluence, Okta and Slack and how they function and work together.
• Understanding of Jira/Confluence add-on, integration, and workflows a plus.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• 3-5 years working in a same or similar role.
• Jira and Confluence experience is a plus.
• Ability to travel within the US and Internationally.
• Must show a progressive advancement in responsibility including deep troubleshooting technical skills.
• Team Player with proven leadership, communication, organizational, and strong interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to work in a team environment with a can-do attitude capable of overcoming difficult challenges.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment and with teams spread across multiple locations across multiple time zones.
• Self-motivated, with keen attention to detail and excellent judgment skills
• Must have excellent writing and communication skills, strong communicator with the ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, contractors, managers, 3rd parties, and customers to translate complicated concepts to non-technical audiences as needed.
• Conducts duties and responsibilities in accordance with AWN’s Information Security policies, standards, processes and controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of AWN business information.
• Strong security first mindset is a must for this role.
• Each successful candidate will be required to pass a criminal background check and an employment verification as a condition of employment.
Working at Arctic Wolf:
Arctic Wolf recognizes that success comes from delighting our customers, so we work together to ensure that happens every day. We believe in diversity and inclusion, and truly value the unique qualities all employees bring to the organization. And we appreciate that—by protecting people’s and organizations’ sensitive data and aiming to end cyber risk— we get to work in an industry that is fundamental to the greater good.
All wolves receive compelling compensation and benefits packages, including:
- Equity for all employees
- Paid parental leave
- Training and career development programs
If you're excited about this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We review all applications and still may consider you the right person for the role or have another open position where you’re the perfect fit.
Arctic Wolf is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Arctic Wolf is committed to fostering a welcoming, accessible, respectful, and inclusive environment that ensures equal access and participation for people with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any accommodations by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.