Systems Engineer / DevOps REMOTE from Spain
Remote - Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Stuart (Geopost) is the leading eco-friendly delivery company that connects retailers and e-merchants to a fleet of geo-localised couriers on bike, electrical mopeds, natural-gas vehicles but also pedestrians. Our mission: Logistics for a sustainable world: shared, efficient and reliable, as conscious consumers value more and more environmental responsibility besides speed of delivery and convenience.
We are a melting-pot of 400 people of 40+ different nationalities across France, the UK, Spain, and most recently: Poland! In 2020 we doubled in size and continue to grow strong.
Thanks to our business-to-business (B2B) applications, we empower 2000+ companies such as Carrefour, Zalando, Nike, Monoprix, Decathlon, Apple, Just Eat... by providing same-day delivery, next-day delivery and return solutions. We deliver all types of goods: Food, Grocery, Retail, Pharma, etc.
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Systems Engineer / DevOps who will focus on automation and optimization of the platform's development management lifecycle. You will have the opportunity to work fully REMOTE if you want to!
Our infrastructure in AWS is managed, among others, with Terraform, Ansible, Consul, Vault, Packer, Docker, Git(Hub), Python, Spinnaker and Jenkins.
You will report to our Head of DevOps Davide and be part of a team of 8 Senior & Junior DevOps Engineers based in Spain.
- Build tools to deploy, monitor and maintain our highly available, mission-critical cloud infrastructure, defining everything as code (this includes pipelines, templates and scripting in different languages). Probably not during your first month, but it will happen 😀
- Work with our senior engineers to continue improving the infrastructure, making it more scalable and easy to update and maintain.
- Stay up-to-date on relevant technologies, plug into user groups, understand trends and opportunities to ensure we are using the best possible techniques and tools.
- Be available for extra paid on-duty shifts (don’t worry, once you are confident enough).
- Write useful documentation in your own projects. 🌈 Add to our amazing company culture that you can uncover here.
Some of the specific challenges you will tackle
- Handle variable load patterns and rapidly increasing demand through elastic system design.
- Help us moving to a full multi-account architecture in AWS
- Bring our CD pipelines to the next level with the use of automated canaries and trunk-based deployments.
- Manage our increasing number of Kubernetes clusters.
- Be part of our vertically integrated “ships” teams, focused on delivering great technical products for Stuart.
- Background in Linux administration and scripting in bash or python.
- Already worked in the cloud, even if not in a mission-critical way.
- Previous experience with IaaC and config management tools. We use Terraform and Ansible.
- Experience with Docker and ideally knowledge of Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available mission-critical service.
- A strong will to learn new things and share knowledge with junior peers.
- We don’t expect you to know everything: attitude and willingness to learn are the keys 😉
- Great compensation package - depending on your technical skills salary between 40000 - 52000 euros gross per year
- Good work-life balance: (full) remote options, flexible hours
- Learning and training opportunities, mentorship, access to Tech conferences, individual budget training...
- Tangible career development possibilities as we grow strong 🚀
- Meal vouchers - Tickets restaurant
- Monthly gym allowance to use in any gym or for any sport class
- Excellent private medical insurance
- Transparency around salaries and career progression
- Team-Buildings, regular events, engineering off-sites, global offsite (Ibiza in 2019)
Want to learn more about us? https://stuart.com/about-us/
After reading all this, just a few last but important words: we want you to take on a role you love and we want you to come to a place you’re proud and happy to work every day 💙!
Stuart is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
More DevOps and Cloud position highlights
- Explore open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Explore open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Explore open Linux Infrastructure Developer Jobs
- Explore open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Explore open Senior Cloud Architect Jobs
- Explore open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Explore open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Explore open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer - Python/Ansible Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Explore open Software Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure Jobs
- Explore open Senior Quality Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Application Developer: DevOps Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer (Remote) Jobs
- Explore open Solutions Architect - VMware Specialist Jobs
- Explore open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Explore open REST-related jobs
- Explore open MySQL-related jobs
- Explore open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Explore open Prometheus-related jobs
- Explore open Jira-related jobs
- Explore open S3-related jobs
- Explore open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Explore open Virtualization-related jobs
- Explore open High availability-related jobs
- Explore open VMware-related jobs
- Explore open Golang-related jobs
- Explore open EC2-related jobs
- Explore open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Explore open Redis-related jobs
- Explore open MongoDB-related jobs
- Explore open JS-related jobs
- Explore open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Explore open Grafana-related jobs
- Explore open Gitlab-related jobs
- Explore open Node-related jobs
- Explore open Perl-related jobs
- Explore open Web applications-related jobs
- Explore open Spark-related jobs
- Explore open Load Balancing-related jobs
- Explore open Node.js-related jobs