Deployment Test Engineer/Commissioning Lead
Remote - Billerica, Massachusetts, United States
Deployment Test Engineer/Commissioning Lead
Full Time - Exempt
The Deployment Test Engineer will have the ability to manage all commissioning tasks including validation of Software, Bots, Structure, Stations, and Portals. The Deployment Test engineer will design and execute test plans to test features, collect data and conduct analysis to ensure system readiness at the time of Go-live. The DTE will also execute performance and customer acceptance testing to ensure the system meets the deployment order criteria. The Deployment Test Engineer will create a test report and share the data with the Operational leads. The Deployment test Engineer will also ensure Training readiness for the Operations and Maintenance team. Working closely with the Alert Support team, The DTE is a flexible, hands-on individual who has the electro-mechanical aptitude, experience with Linux/command line, data analytics, and the ability to effectively manage resources.
- Create a project plan, test & validation plan based on the uniqueness of each install.
- Program manage the system testing, and provide daily and weekly update to all stakeholders on the progress.
- Conduct Customer Acceptance Testing based on the criteria from the Deployment Orders.
- Collect and analyze data using the Matlab and python scripts to identify issues, and work with cross-functional teams to resolve them.
- Develop Test Plan playbooks to standardize testing.
- Troubleshoot all Robotic, Workstation, and Structure issues.
- Implement any recommendations from the Alert Support team.
- Perform any engineering recommended upgrade or rework during site launch.
- Conduct training of junior engineers, Maintenance Technicians, and Ops Trainers.
- Manage system operations and resolve system issues if necessary, after Go-Live during site ramp.
- Effective communication with on-site Ops team and Alert Support team.
- Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each.
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching, and reaching both below the waist and above the head.
- Lifting parts and tools weighing on average 20 pounds, occasionally weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists
- Ability to climb ladders and gangways safely and without limitation
- Continual standing and/or walking an average of 2 miles daily
Operational Support & Customer Service:
- Promoting and conduct good housekeeping practices.
- The position will require working in a shift schedule including holidays and weekends.
- Flexibility with work hours and days to support 7 days a week operation (including holidays).
- Self-motivated and customer-centric.
- Two years of Deployment or Project Management experience.
- Great communication skills.
- Ability to travel >75% of the time.
- Able to manage, lead, and influence others on the team.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize many different projects and workloads.
- Self-motivated, customer-centric, and able to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbally) with peers, management, contractors, and vendors.
- Leadership experience/aptitude and ability to mentor others.
- Experience and proficiency in the following areas:
- Automated system and software-based controls
- Deployment and Test Process
- Technical skills including familiarity with Python, Linux, Java, XML, SQL, and databases
- Bachelor's Degree or four years of experience in the Mechanical or Electrical field.
Experience/Years of Experience:
All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as she/he leads or supports their teams.
The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and depth: “Treat others as you would want to be treated”.
The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in a company is important, and the performance of the entire company can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her ability.
The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team create “performance synergy”, whereby the capacity to perform as a team is much greater than the sum of the individual members’ capacities.
The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it better. This core value manifests itself through questioning, probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving, listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as self-examination and self-honesty.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
Alert Innovation offers a highly competitive salary for each job family and level within the Boston-area market in which we are based.
Every employee is granted stock options that vest over four years.
Full-time employees receive a generous benefits package starting on your first date of employment:
- No fixed limits on the number of workdays that you can take off for personal reasons, including vacations. You take what you need keeping in mind the demands of your team’s workload.
- 9 Paid Holidays.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and 401K + company match.
- Tuition & work-related training reimbursement programs.
- Employee Assistance Program to assist with emotional health, parenting, eldercare, nutrition, legal and financial consultation needs.
The above list is only a summary of some of our benefits and is not meant to be a comprehensive explanation. To hear more, please visit: https://www.alertinnovation.com/boston-robotics-jobs/
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
More DevOps and Cloud position highlights
- Explore open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Explore open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Explore open Linux Infrastructure Developer Jobs
- Explore open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Explore open Senior Cloud Architect Jobs
- Explore open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Explore open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Explore open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer - Python/Ansible Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Explore open Software Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure Jobs
- Explore open Senior Quality Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Application Developer: DevOps Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer (Remote) Jobs
- Explore open Solutions Architect - VMware Specialist Jobs
- Explore open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Explore open REST-related jobs
- Explore open MySQL-related jobs
- Explore open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Explore open Prometheus-related jobs
- Explore open Jira-related jobs
- Explore open S3-related jobs
- Explore open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Explore open Virtualization-related jobs
- Explore open High availability-related jobs
- Explore open VMware-related jobs
- Explore open Golang-related jobs
- Explore open EC2-related jobs
- Explore open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Explore open Redis-related jobs
- Explore open MongoDB-related jobs
- Explore open JS-related jobs
- Explore open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Explore open Grafana-related jobs
- Explore open Gitlab-related jobs
- Explore open Node-related jobs
- Explore open Perl-related jobs
- Explore open Web applications-related jobs
- Explore open Spark-related jobs
- Explore open Load Balancing-related jobs
- Explore open Node.js-related jobs