Network Deployment Engineer
New York, NY
Fivesky has an immediate need for a highly motivated and talented Network Deployment Engineer to join a fast-paced, dynamic, and challenging environment. The ideal candidate must have excellent managerial and understanding of the networking and data center.
As the Network Deployment Engineer, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee the procurement and shipping and manage the decommissioning and installation of the security hardware.
- Interface and coordinate with other teams involved, including engineering, data center, network, operations teams, etc.
- Must be open to being On-Call Friday & Saturday.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a fast-paced, enterprise-level environment.
- Advance experience with routing protocols such as BGP/OSPF, VRF's and VPN's.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline.
Skills & Experience:
You must possess a strong conceptual knowledge and demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the following:
- Excellent knowledge of data networking principles.
- Extensive experience with routers/switches.
- Experience working with hardware vendors, such as Cisco, Arista, etc.
- Experience with routing protocols such as BGP/OSPF, VRF's and VPN.
- Understanding the concepts of underlay and overlay network.
- Understanding the data center in terms of power & Rackspace allocations for equipment, knowledge of equipment specifications, cooling characteristics, and airflow.
- Familiarity with Network Malware Controls.
- Understanding of intrusion prevention and intrusion detection platforms.
- Ability to analyze packet capture is a plus.
- Advanced Linux user level experience
- TCP/IP Networking and switched Ethernet topology, troubleshooting, and monitoring knowledge and experience, including an advance level knowledge of network protocols (ROUTE 53, IPv4, TCP/IP, UDP)
- Background working with Network, SAN, NAS and Linux infrastructure configuration, troubleshooting, and monitoring.
- Knowledge of security protocols (ssh, Kerberos, firewalls, port forwarding, VPCs)
- Experience maintaining resources on-premises and in the major cloud service provider (AWS, Azure, IBM Cloud)
- Experience with telecom.
- Strong interpersonal skills like being a team player and an effective collaborator with many different types of audiences.
- Independent problem-solving and self-directing abilities.
- Self-driven and flexible with high motivation.
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects.
- Ability to practice tolerance and professionalism in times of high stress.
- Strong presentation and written skills.
At Fivesky, our employees are our greatest asset and the focal point around which we operate; therefore, we always want the best for our employees. In addition to offering competitive compensation plans and long-term career opportunities, we offer an attractive mix of benefit plans to our employees that include provisions for vacation, holiday pay, and sick days.
Fivesky is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a full-time, direct employment opportunity in NYC. Salary is open based on experience and qualifications.