Site Reliability Engineer
Oulu, Northern Ostrobothnia, Finland
Our mission at Oura is to empower every person to own their inner potential. Our award-winning products, the Oura Ring and its accompanying app, helps our global community gain a deeper understanding of their health, lifestyle, and sleep quality, which we believe are foundational to living a healthy, fulfilled life.
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join our Cloud Platform team. Our team is responsible for efficient data synchronisation, structuring and processing. Our team combines the power of the ring & the app with backend services and integrations to provide a data rich platform. Our APIs power most Oura apps, services and machine learning components as well as provide the technical foundation for our growth.
What you will do:
- Build tooling, observability and fault tolerance into our cloud platform
- Build our infrastructure as code platform, and help migrate services to run on shared good practices
- Build our deployment and dependency management to ensure a fast and robust way to test and release our code
- Help migrate our service-driven infrastructure on top of EKS
- Build a team and culture of operational excellence and maintain SLAs
- Ensure that our platform adheres to the latest security and compliance regulations
- Take part in on-call duty
We would love to have you on our team if you have:
- Have architected and built data-intensive distributed systems in production environments, and you can apply the proper architectural patterns
- Have a pragmatic can-do attitude and delivery-focused mindset: you can handle tradeoffs between short-term goals and long-term tech debt
- Can design for scale and growth: such as prepare for user demand peaks, and build fault tolerant and secure systems
- Have built robust deployment pipelines and have experience in related tools.
- Have strong experience running, monitoring and debugging production systems at scale on AWS (We are running on AWS infrastructure and use key AWS services like EC2, EKS, RDS, S3 and SQS)
- Experience running and orchestrating containers in AWS with tools like ECS, Fargate or EKS
- Although not required, we appreciate a good understanding of database management
- Competitive Salary
- Lunch benefit
- Wellness benefit
- Flexible working hours + work-life balance
- Collaborative, smart teammates
- An Oura ring of your own
- Easy-to-reach office in Oulu Teknologiakylä or in Helsinki city center
- Latest equipment of choice
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please send us your application as soon as possible but by May 23rd the latest. We will start reviewing the applications immediately, as we receive them.
Oura is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Individuals seeking employment at Oura are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, socioeconomic status, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.