Sr.Site Reliability Engineer
Mountain View, CA
Digital healthcare engineering is red-hot and this job opening is too intriguing to ignore. Livongo has technical capabilities that no one else has. Fortune named us one of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare, and we just completed the largest digital healthcare IPO in history.
In your role as Senior Site Reliability Engineer, you will work remotely and provide leadership within our engineering department as you design and implement major components of our infrastructure. Collaborating with Product, Design, Data, Operations, and customer-facing teams, you’ll optimize efficiency and security for the online platform that enables Livongo to launch new customers, support our users, and connect to doctors and partners. As we continue our exponential growth, your responsibilities will include building and leading a team.
This is a role that requires you to take ownership as you innovate, learn new technologies, and grow with the company. In addition to technical experience and know-how, we’re looking for someone with problem-solving and leadership skills, who’s able to think on their feet and adjust quickly to changing priorities.
Your ingenuity and take-charge approach will help us optimize the digital technology that measurably improves people’s lives and health.
- Own the overall health, performance, and capacity of Livongo Internet-facing services
- Manage applications running on public cloud environments like AWS (preferred), Azure or GCP
- Develop tools to enhance our ability to rapidly deploy and effectively monitor custom applications
- Design new systems, leveraging best practices and security
- Monitor and manage database reliability, availability, and performance
- Support and troubleshoot Linux and underlying applications and networking stacks
- Participate in an on-call rotation
Our successful candidate will have:
- In-depth knowledge and experience managing applications on Amazon Web Services, including VPC, EC2, RDS, CloudFront, CloudWatch, ALB etc.
- BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field. In lieu of degree, relevant work experience and/or trade school is acceptable
- Programming skills (Python, Perl, Ruby, Shell, Puppet, Ansible etc.)
- Experience with Graphite, LogStash and other monitoring and metrics software
- Extensive knowledge and experience supporting and troubleshooting Linux and underlying networking application and stacks
- A knack for leadership and ownership
- Problem-solving skills and a take-charge approach
- A knack for shaping network infrastructure features
- Strong teamwork and collaborative skills
- Experience with code management and deployment processes (CI/CD), procedures, and tools
- Flexibility in a fast-paced corporate environment
- Solid understanding of relational database concepts
- Experience managing and tuning MySQL
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- A strong grasp of configuration management and automation tools (Prometheus,
- Experience with containerization and orchestration technologies (Eg: Docker, Kubernetes etc)
Impress us even more:
- Experience with very large databases and distributed database environment
- Knowledge and expertise in Networking Technologies and Cloud Security
- Experience with Terraform, Vault and Sensu
- Experience with Postgres/HBase/Hadoop/RedShift Administration
- Experience with Security tools like AlienVault, Alert Logic, Sophos
Why Join Livongo?
The Transformative Name in Healthcare: The transformative industry forces in Community, Content and Commerce are now household names. As Amazon is to Commerce, Livongo is to Healthcare. With our Applied Health Signals engine, AI+AI, we’ve transformed how care is delivered.
Our Work Truly Matters: Livongo’s proprietary, consumer-first technology is revolutionizing the experience of living with a chronic health condition. Our data-driven digital health engine enables our Members to seamlessly manage multiple health conditions on one empowering platform. We use smart, connected devices, personalized digital guidance, and 24x7x365 access to health professionals to make it easier for people to stay healthier.
Make an Impact: Do you want to accomplish something meaningful? To create results that matter? Livongo’s innovative solution produces industry-leading member satisfaction, measurable clinical outcomes and proven healthcare costs savings. Here you can truly improve lives.
The Largest Digital Health IPO in History: We are at a milestone period in our history. On July 25, 2019 we took our company public, in order to elevate and expand the way the industry views us, thus ushering us into a whole new set of mission-critical conversations that will help us accomplish the work still to be done. As we reach new levels of achievement, we accelerate our ability to deliver life-changing services.
Focus on PEOPLE: Livongo has been voted one of the Best Places to Work in healthcare, by Fortune Magazine and Best Place to Work! Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Livongo we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Leading the industry with our Applied Health Signals category, we have cracked the code to transforming healthcare. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
See photos, watch videos and learn more about Livongo: follow us on Glassdoor.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.