Infrastructure Architect / Technical Lead Operations
Are you interested in joining a rapidly growing global organization in the cyber industry? With over 550 employees, $140M ARR, and 1,000 clients, Recorded Future is the largest privately-held security intelligence company! Our intelligence integrates with over 80 security products from industry-leading companies, such as Splunk, ServiceNow, Microsoft, IBM, and AWS. Come jump on the rocket ship and help us protect businesses by disrupting adversaries!
We are looking for a talented and skilled Infrastructure Architect / Tech lead to join our team in Boston. You love to write code used in operation and will be working with infrastructure management including automation and development of supporting applications. You like to work with all the exciting and tough problems that come with working with a rapidly growing big data site doing operations 24/7/365 in the cloud. You will be part of a global team and work closely together with colleagues in the Philippines, Sweden and US.
You also love new stuff! At Recorded Future you will get a chance to play with new technology, evaluate it and see what’s most appropriate for solving real-world problems. You have at least a couple of years of experience in operations and coding. You are a self-starter and have good communication skills.
What you will be doing as Infrastructure Architect / Tech Lead
- Based in our Boston office you will be working in a global automation and cloud operations team
- Building, deploying and destroying servers, from quick test beds to mission critical clusters
- Scaling and managing our platform
- Drive architecture and technical solutions for an infrastructure area and new releases
- Evaluate new capabilities, usages of new technologies
- Provide guidelines and best practices, coach others on technical issues, solutions, and deliverables
- Provide input to planning, estimates and work break down
- Coach and guide team members in work packages and coordination of tasks within the area
- Code reviews and review of solution for new implementation and improvements
- Provide documentation for the technical area
- Hold knowledge sharing sessions and training
- Debugging runtime issues and solving complex problems under the radar or in the heat of fatal system incidents
- Assisting with core application development
- Monitor and maintain our SaaS production systems, including being on duty
What you will need as Infrastructure Architect / Tech Lead
- Minimum 3 years experience as an Architect or Technical Lead
- Relevant education or experience, M Sc or equivalent
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Solid experience in operating and maintaining large-scale business critical cloud based production environments
- Proficiency as a developer, preferably with Ruby
- Worked with AWS or other cloud environments
- Experience working with infrastructure automation technologies as Chef (preferred), Ansible, Puppet, SaltStack, Terraform etc.
- A background in UNIX and a love of replacing the command line with automation
- A love of open source
- A cool head!
What we would love to see
- Experience with either or more of ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ, Consul, Vault, NoSQL, Kubernetes, databases as MongoDB
- Experience in building and maintaining web applications
- Knowledge of scaling issues and approaches
- Comfortable working in distributed and global teams
Why should you join Recorded Future?
From over 35 nationalities, our Futurists are the perfect recipe of humility, accountability, and collaborative attitudes. Our dedication to empowering clients with elite intelligence to disrupt adversaries has earned us a 4.7-star user rating from Gartner and 8 of the top 10 Fortune 100 companies as clients.
Want more info?
Blog & Podcast: Learn everything you want to know (and maybe some things you’d rather not know) about the world of cyber threat intelligence
Instagram & Twitter: What’s happening at Recorded Future
The Record: The Record is a cybersecurity news publication that explores the untold stories in this rapidly changing field
Timeline: History of Recorded Future
We are committed to maintaining an environment that attracts and retains talent from a diverse range of experiences, backgrounds and lifestyles. By ensuring all feel included and respected for being unique and bringing their whole selves to work, Recorded Future is made a better place every day.
If you need any accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to our recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Recorded Future is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Recorded Future does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Recorded Future will not discharge, discipline or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.