Senior DevOps Engineer
About The Role & Team
Our infrastructure consists of over 2,000 servers on AWS and is continuing to grow. As a member of our DevOps team, you will be responsible for managing and scaling our infrastructure. You will work on our deployment, automation, and monitoring systems. You will also work closely with our development team to implement the necessary processes to keep our platform highly available and efficient. Your work will touch many technologies including AWS, SaltStack, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Spinnaker, Consul, Redis, Kafka, and Postgres.
- Develop internal tooling for automating the deployment of applications
- Work on moving our dockerized services to Kubernetes
- Manage the monitoring systems of our applications
- Work with SaltStack for configuration management
- Use Spinnaker to streamline the deployment of our applications to Kubernetes.
- Participate in an on-call rotation with the DevOps/Development team
- Research and implement improvements to how we manage our infrastructure
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have
- 5+ years of experience working in a DevOps role
- Good experience with AWS, shell scripting/UNIX, and Python, SaltStack, Terraform
- Good experience with Docker and container orchestration tools like Kubernetes
- Managing Build infrastructure, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Pipelines with tools like Spinnaker (CI/CD) and monitoring tools like Datadog.
- Experience managing and automating large AWS deployments (1000+ machines)
- Previous experience in distributed systems, data processing, and analytics is a plus
- Strong foundation in programming, algorithms, and software application design
- Passion for solving challenging problems and iterating quickly
Who We Are
Amplitude is built on a culture of having a growth mindset, humility, and ownership. We empower our teams to build with autonomy and collaboration and are committed to continual improvement. For more insight into how we work and what life is like at Amplitude, take a look at our KeyValues profile: https://www.keyvalues.com/amplitude
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team! We offer:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible time off
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks
- Commuter benefits
- 12-week parental leave
- Generous Learning & Development stipend
- Full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is the world's #1 product intelligence platform– we empower teams to use customer data to build great product experiences for growth. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude
- Our extraordinary founders were accepted into Y Combinator back in 2012– since then, we’ve opened offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris, and Singapore.
- Our Leadership Team is 43% women– well above the Silicon Valley average
- Our fearless mascot is the datamonster, our fearless leader is CEO & co-founder Spenser Skates
- In December 2018, we raised $80 million in Series D venture funding led by Sequoia Capital at a valuation of $850 million
- We’re backed by incredible partners: Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, and Y Combinator
- Over 30,000 teams and 20 of the Fortune 100 use Amplitude to improve conversion and retention
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.