Kubernetes Engineer - Cloud
Fully remote (UTC-8 to UTC+5.5)
We're looking for experienced Kubernetes engineers to help us build and maintain our managed TimescaleDB cloud services. You will have the opportunity to work with a close-knit team, building and maintaining the infrastructure that powers our platform. Your work will be instrumental in developing our Kubernetes-based clusters and infrastructure. You will interact with the Kubernetes API and codebase to build controllers and operators that power our platform. Additionally, you will work closely with and further develop our infrastructure tooling to ensure the health, stability, and maintainability of our Kubernetes cluster.
Timescale is a all-remote organization; this is a full-time position and can be located anywhere across a wide range of time zones and locations (UTC-8 to UTC+5.5)
- Experience deploying and maintaining Kubernetes clusters at scale. Knowledge of Kubernetes cluster orchestration tools like kops or kubeadm a plus
- Familiarity with developing Kubernetes operators, controllers, and custom CRDs
- Programming skills (we mostly use Go but are more concerned with good fundamentals), preferably with some experience working in the Kubernetes ecosystem or using the Kubernetes API
- Extensive knowledge of at least one major cloud provider (AWS preferred)
- Experience building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines and other infrastructure automation
- Deep knowledge of Linux, container environments, and bash
Nice to Haves:
- Experience deploying, operating, and using major production-level databases. Huge bonus points for PostgreSQL and/or TimescaleDB!
Timescale develops TimescaleDB, the category-defining open-source relational database for time-series data, and a Timescale cloud platform, offering fully-managed TimescaleDB and related time-series services. TimescaleDB offers developers the reliability, performance, scale, and advanced analytical capabilities they need to store and analyze mission-critical data. With over one million active databases deployed worldwide,Timescale customers span all industries and use cases, including: cloud infrastructure monitoring and metrics, SaaS product analytics, media and entertainment, Internet of Things, finance, and more. Timescale is a remote-first company with a global workforce and is backed by Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors.