Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
We’re looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to improve reliability and stability of Webflow’s customer-facing, production infrastructure, serving millions of page views per hour. Our product is used by over 2 million users world-wide across 190 countries, and you’ll help ensure our platform is secure and scalable for these users as tens of thousands of projects are launched on Webflow each month.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ or US remote
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer, you’ll…
- Join our App and Site Hosting team, which is responsible for infrastructure behind the main Webflow application, as well as the infrastructure required for our hosting plans.
- Empower engineers on other teams to take control of their services by writing shared infrastructure-as-code tooling and collaborating on internal best practices for infrastructure.
- Occasionally dive into the main Webflow application in React, Node, and MongoDB to better discern (and sometimes fix) behavior in production.
- Work with peers on Webflow’s Customer Support, Partnerships, and Sales teams to enable customers using Webflow’s services in production.
- Collaborate with members of Webflow’s Security & Compliance team to maintain a secure production environment, especially as we work towards SOC 2 Type 2 compliance in 2021.
- Continuously improve on-call and incident response processes as the company grows.
To succeed in the role, we’re looking for someone who has...
- Either a background as an ops engineer with an enthusiasm for code, or a background as a software engineer with an enthusiasm for systems administration.
- Experience building, maintaining, and debugging distributed systems in a customer-facing environment that allows for little to no downtime.
- Experience navigating and scaling multi-tier cloud environments on either AWS or GCP.
- Experience with container-centric architectures, built with Docker and tools like Kubernetes (EKS, GKE, AKS, OpenShift, etc.), ECS, Docker Swarm, or Mesos.
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools like Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
- Experience or interest in contributing to full-stack applications built using React, Node, and MongoDB.
- Enthusiasm for mentoring and sponsoring less-experienced engineers.
It would be a bonus if you had even one of the following:
- Experience with Kubernetes, OpenResty, Terraform, or Pulumi, specifically.
- Experience improving on-call and incident response processes for Engineering.
- Experience working in a distributed team, especially across international time zones.
- Experience working in high-compliance environments or a special interest in security engineering. We are not the security team, but we are always looking to improve our security posture!
If you don’t meet 100% of the above requirements, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a job if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements!
We don’t expect you to be an expert in all of the areas described above, but you should have enough skill to recommend an architecture for a mid-sized project, the ability to break that project down into phases, and an ability to execute on your plan. You should also be interested in improving your skills in the areas you are less familiar with.
About usAt Webflow, we believe that our success will be defined not only by what we do — but also by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”: Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
- For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
- For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
- Start with customers
- Practice extraordinary kindness
- Be radically candid
- Move uncomfortably fast
- Just fix it
- Lead by serving others
- Dream big
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We give you a 5 week sabbatical after 5 years of service
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Senior Site Reliability Engineer and a human being