Cloud Engineer - Cloud
Fully remote (UTC-8 to UTC+5.5)
We need extraordinary cloud engineers to join our team.
We're looking for experienced cloud engineers to help us build and maintain our managed TimescaleDB cloud services. You will have the opportunity to work with a close-knit team, developing Golang services and features to power our platform as well as working with our underlying Kubernetes infrastructure to ensure stability, security, and performance.
Timescale is a all-remote organization; this is a full-time position and can be located anywhere across a wide range of time zones and locations (UTC-8 to UTC+5.5)
- 3+ years software engineering experience in production environments
- Experience working with Kubernetes clusters in production environments
- Strong programming skills (we mostly use Go but are more concerned with good fundamentals)
- Deep knowledge of at least one major cloud provider (AWS preferred)
- Familiarity with developing Kubernetes operators a plus
- Very comfortable in a Linux environment
- Experience deploying, operating, and using major production-level databases. Huge bonus points for PostgreSQL and/or TimescaleDB!
Timescale develops TimescaleDB, the category-defining open-source relational database for time-series data, and a Timescale cloud platform, offering fully-managed TimescaleDB and related time-series services. TimescaleDB offers developers the reliability, performance, scale, and advanced analytical capabilities they need to store and analyze mission-critical data. With over one million active databases deployed worldwide,Timescale customers span all industries and use cases, including: cloud infrastructure monitoring and metrics, SaaS product analytics, media and entertainment, Internet of Things, finance, and more. Timescale is a remote-first company with a global workforce and is backed by Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors.