Senior Systems Engineer / DevOps
Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Stuart is a leading last mile delivery platform that connects small and big businesses to a fleet of geolocalised couriers. We empower thousands of companies across Europe by providing same-day delivery, next-day delivery and return solutions. We work across verticals with retailers, grocery stores, restaurants and e-commerce merchants to enable smarter transportation models.
We are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer / DevOps who will focus on automation and optimization of the platform's development management lifecycle. Our infrastructure in AWS is managed, among others, with Terraform, Ansible, Consul, Vault, Packer, Docker, Git(Hub), Python, Spinnaker and Jenkins.
Our beautiful office is located in Carrer de Pau Claris, 186 08037 Barcelona, one street away from Gaudi's famous Casa Milà. You also have the opportunity to work REMOTE if you want to!
- Build tools to deploy, monitor and maintain our highly available, mission critical cloud infrastructure, defining everything as code. This includes pipelines, templates and scripting in different languages.
- Work with platform architects on software and system optimizations, helping to identify and remove potential performance bottlenecks
- Stay up-to-date on relevant technologies, plug into user groups, understand trends and opportunities to ensure we are using the best possible techniques and tools
- Be available for extra paid on-duty shifts (approximately 1 week per month)
- Write useful documentation in your own projects
Some of the specific challenges you will tackle
- Handle variable load patterns and rapidly increasing demand through elastic system design
- Help improving our existing immutable infrastructure
- Take monitoring and observability to a new level by implementing Prometheus
- Manage our development Kubernetes clusters and help productionize some of them
- Strong background in Linux/Unix administration and scripting in bash/python
- Extensive experience with a public cloud provider, ideally Amazon Web Services
- Experience with automation and configuration management using i.e. Ansible and infrastructure as code with Terraform.
- Experience with Docker and knowledge of Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available mission critical service
We don’t expect you to know everything: attitude and willingness to learn are the key ;-)
- Great compensation package
- Good work-life balance: work from home, flexible hours
- Learning and training opportunities
- Tangible career development possibilities as we grow strong 🚀
- Meal vouchers - Tickets restaurant LunchR
- Monthly gym allowance to use in any gym or for any sport class
- Excellent private health care
- Annual company offsite – Ibiza in 2019!
“Logistics for a sustainable world.” That is the mission at the heart of Stuart Delivery. While customer expectations around the delivery experience are skyrocketing, cities are limiting traditional logistics methods to improve congestion, pollution and liveability. The convergence of these two trends means that a disruptive approach to last mile delivery is not a nice-to-have but rather an inevitability.
Stuart sits at the crossroads of the future, using our best-in-class proprietary dispatch technology to connect small and big businesses alike to a shared fleet of geolocalised couriers. The result? Efficient, reliable, eco-friendly delivery to help retailers to meet their customers’ demands.
We launched in 2015 with a big vision and a handful of clients. 5 years later couriers on our platform complete tens of millions of deliveries annually for the biggest brands across retail, ecommerce, grocery and food.
Stuart is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.