DevSecOps Engineer - Remote
Remote - Brazil
The DevSecOps Engineer is responsible for developing and maintaining tools that integrate with developer and engineer workflows, advising on leading practices and patterns around security within a development and deployment pipeline, hands-on coaching in building and deploying secure cloud native applications, infrastructure automation, and secure deployments to the cloud. Will design, implement, manage, and automate DevSecOps capabilities in cloud offerings using CI/CD toolsets, infrastructure as code, and automation.
Day to Day:
- Customer mindset with excellent communication skills to support both internal and external customers.
- Exposure to Networking & Security concepts and activities such as Identity and Access Management, Encryption in-transit and at rest, Authentication, Authorization, Vulnerability and Patch Management, Antivirus/Antimalware technologies.
- Experience in technology services, infrastructure, processes, and tools with strong emphasis on open source technologies, AWS-based services, and Cloud Security best practices applied to Engineering/Architecture. GCP and Azure experience is a plus.
- Understanding of IT, secure cloud software, automation, and security compliance frameworks, standards, regulations and requirements. Familiarity with at least one information security regulation such as SOC 2, PCI-DSS, or HIPAA is a plus.
- Knowledge of server (Linux, Windows) and client (Windows, OS X, Linux) operating systems.
- Exposure to container orchestration technologies as Kubernetes.
- Tooling integration such as CI/CD, Application Security Automation, Configuration Management. Demonstrated configuration management experience with tools like Ansible, Chef or Puppet is a plus.
- Familiarity with application vulnerability monitoring and management reports.
- Ability to automate processes through scripting (Shell, Python, PowerShell or similar) and Infrastructure as Code (Terraform or similar).
- 100% remote, work from home or in a shared We-Work Space
- Competitive salary in USD
- Generous holidays and Unlimited paid time off
- Bonus payout for each new certification
- Paid for exams and certifications
- Work with cutting-edge technology - NO legacy systems!
- No after hour on-call work
- Paid online continuing training
- Internal training
- Sophisticated Internal library
- Individual professional development plan
- Free English Courses
- Fun corporate events
- DevOps & cloud community-centric corporate culture including Meetups, Conferences etc.
Caylent is a specialty Consultant and DevOps/Cloud Managed Services provider (DevOps-as-a-Service) with an emphasis on Kubernetes to software-enabled companies, mostly high-growth software startups. Our clients rely on Caylent engineers to architect, develop and integrate highly complex DevOps pipelines, including build automation, CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code, security, monitoring, logging, and alerting.
Part of our value proposition is that we structure our relationships with clients as real partnerships, where we become part of their team and share in their challenges and successes. That means every Caylent engineer is client-facing. Our engineers love the challenge of working on new stuff every single day without the corporate headaches.
You will construct and plan joint backlogs, kickoff new client engagements, perform daily tasks, participate in standups, sprint planning/retrospectives, and more. You will be semi-autonomous while managing a busy schedule, meeting deadlines, and setting proper expectations with our clients.
Identify and propose technical improvements using your software engineering knowledge and principals. Foster an environment of shared learning, promote DevOps principles, and embrace the cultural aspect of the DevOps movement in a team environment.
We are only as good as each person’s contribution to the delivery. Enormous effort is put forth into nurturing each employee’s career development, professional curiosity, technical innovation, and client interaction. If these things matter to you, read on, and apply.
NOTE: Not able to provide sponsorship.