Associate Cloud Engineer
Reach New Heights
As the leading cloud solutions provider, we’re on a mission to elevate technology and people so you can reach new heights.
Yes, you. Empowering people to keep growing, learning and succeeding is what we do for our customers and colleagues alike.
As a Cloudreacher you’ll belong to a diverse and dynamic growing global community, play an integral role in shaping an industry at the forefront of technological transformation, and receive constant opportunities to progress in your career.
We passionately believe that innovation is something that’s lived and breathed. Our culture isn’t a nice-to-have but key to who we are and what we can deliver. When we look ahead, we see a bright future.
You too? Let’s talk.
Which team will you be part of?
Cloud Operations are our team of super-human Engineers who support our customer’s cloud infrastructure as a managed service.
We have an awesome Bi-Modal service that offers our customers peace of mind with enterprise level, ITIL driven support, as well as offer all the agile advantages that DevOps and Automation provides. They get their hands dirty across a wide range of technologies including AWS, Azure, GCP, Linux, MS SQL, Chef, Splunk, Lambda and and many more.
What will your role be?
The Associate Cloud Engineer's main role is to delight our customers by helping resolve issues in a timely manner, always engaging in a cloudy way. You will act as the first point of contact for our customers, triaging calls and delegating tasks to the various teams within Cloud Operations. You will also get the opportunity to action a large portion of these calls to empower you to build your technical knowledge base, skill up at light speed and work with our talented team of engineers.
- Help the Operations team to create a fantastic experience for our Ops customers, ensuring that the customer is receiving the top-tier service that they expect.
- Act as the first point of contact for our customer support via phone, self service portal, and email.
- Help deliver 24/7 support to our customers by participating in day, evening, and weekend shift rotation
- Validate, investigate, and resolve calls raised in our ITSM tool in line with Service Contracts and Service Level Agreements
- Triage customer calls efficiently, delegating tasks to larger Core Operations team when necessary
- Work with industry-leading partners and tools to enhance our service delivery to customers.
- Adhere to ISO27001 best security practices in all aspects of service delivery
- Develop skills while working in the Case and Change teams and participate in the Ops team role rotation (Incident Manager, Zenoss Manager, Change Chief etc.).
- Take ownership of Individual Development Plan with input and mentorship from Leads.
- Share knowledge by contributing to the Cloudreach wiki.
- Help train new Cloudreachers!
What are we looking for?
- Be an optimistic, pragmatic and proactive individual who really enjoys delighting customers
- Be competent with Windows and Linux systems, with little assistance required on both
- Ability to program/script or have the desire to learn in Python, Ruby, Powershell or Bash
- Experience working in an Operational/Support Team role is a plus
- Champion first-class customer service by interacting confidently with customers via phone, email, and in face-to-face meetings
- Have a genuine interest in cloud technology and how it can enhance our business, customers’ businesses, and the IT industry
- Good grasp of the DevOps mindset and how it can be applied to our Core Operations service delivery by highlighting opportunities to automate.
What you’ll get:
Becoming a Cloudreacher gives you much more than a job title. We reward your skills and expertise by delivering value back, through the Cloudy Deal:
- Compensation & Wellbeing: We base your total compensation on the skills, knowledge and behaviors you bring to Cloudreach and aspire to provide flexible benefits, enabling you to achieve a work-life balance that helps you thrive.
- High Impact: We want you to make a personal impact: delivering results that help grow the business and make a difference to our customers, your colleagues and your community. Job satisfaction at its best.
- Career Development: You'll find constant opportunities to take on new roles and grow with Cloudreach, as well as training, coaching, and continuous feedback to boost your expertise and give you career-enhancing skills.
- Culture & Engagement: We have a dynamic and inclusive working environment built for collaboration, flexibility, openness – and fun, with managers who listen, engage and empower your actions.
- Recharging your batteries: When you need time to recharge, our uncapped holiday allowance will do the trick.
- Feeding your mind: Expand your mind through our excellent learning platforms and become a fully-fledged Cloudreacher before you know it.
- Taking care of your body: We help take care of your body through our health and wellness programmes, and sustain you throughout the day with snacks and drinks from our well-stocked kitchens.
- Lifting your spirit: Our dynamic workspaces are designed to accommodate individual working styles, complete with pool tables and beanbags for more playful moments.
- Giving you flexibility: You’ll feel immediately plugged in with a Macbook and smartphone for the office and beyond, helping you work where and how you want.
- Connecting you: Our regular Cloudy Lunches bring everyone together to bond over a plate – or two – of free food.
We strive to remove barriers, eliminate discrimination and ensure equal opportunity through our transparent recruitment process. We are open to all groups of people without regard to age, disability, marital status, gender identity, race, colour, sexual orientation, religion, military status, veteran status or any other legally-protected characteristic.