Acquia is the open digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with products built around Drupal to allow them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration — giving our customers and partners the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named one of North America’s fastest growing software companies by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, rated a leader by the analyst community, named one of the Best Places to Work in India by Great Place to Work. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
The DevOps engineer is responsible for crafting and delivering secure and highly available solutions. You will be a critical part of a team focused on ensuring our services are ready and stress tested. You should be comfortable taking on new challenges, defining potential solutions and implementing designs in a team environment. This position will be expected to both guide and support the team’s growth and learning.
What You Will Accomplish
- The DevOPS partners closely with Engineering and Support. We are responsible for the design, deployment, and continuous operation of the Acquia Campaign Studio platform.
- You will take our existing platform to the next level with CI/CD, automated diagnostics/scaling/healing, and more.
- You will work on a team responsible for a blend of architecture, automation, development, and application administration.
- You will develop and deploy solutions from the infrastructure, to the network, and application layers, on public cloud platforms.
- You will ensure our SaaS platform is available and performing, and that we can notice problems before our customers.
- You will build the tools to improve speed, confidence and visibility of our SaaS deployments.
- You will help build security into every step of the software & infrastructure life cycle.
- You will collaborate with Support and Engineering on customer issues, as needed.
- Building and maintaining redeployable cloud and on-premise infrastructure;
- Working with distributed data infrastructure, including containerization and virtualization tools, to enable unified engineering and production environments;
- Developing dashboards, monitors, and alerts to increase situational awareness of the state of our production issues/sla/security incidents.
- Independently conceiving and implementing ways to improve development efficiency, code reliability, and test fidelity.
- You will participate in a periodic on-call rotation
- Expert in Unix/Linux OS administration
- Proficient with computer network setup and debugging
- Proficient with at least one scripting language (Shell, Python, …)
- Competent with deploying, tuning, and maintaining Linux-based, highly available, fault-tolerant platforms in public cloud providers such as GCP, AWS or Azure
- Proficient with Kubernetes
- Proficient with application containerization
- Proficient with SQL and relational database administration (MySQL)
- At least a beginner in PHP
- Must be able to work in Boston MA EST timezone.
- A Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, or experience in software engineering or a related field
- Standard methodologies in infosec
- The ability to dig deep into infrastructure and code to solve problems.
- The drive to solve traditional operations problems through automation.
- High attention to detail.
- Hands-on Unix/Linux knowledge: +5 years
- DevOps and/or build & release experience including delivery: +3 years
- Software Configuration Management tools: +2 years
- DB/Data Platforms: Aurora/Mysql: +2 years
- Application monitoring tools: +2 years
- Experience with Kubernetes and containerization +1 year
Individuals seeking employment at Acquia are considered without regard to race, color, religion, caste, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Whatever you answer will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter.