Software Engineer (Python/Golang/PHP + Microservices + DevOps)
Acquia is the open digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with products built around Drupal to allow them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration — giving our customers and partners the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named one of North America’s fastest growing software companies by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, rated a leader by the analyst community, named one of the Best Places to Work in India by Great Place to Work. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
As a member of the Acquia Platform team you will be working on the core services that enable and support all Acquia products to successfully deploy and run as durable, secure, highly available, scalable, and performant applications. The platform team utilizes the latest tools, technologies and patterns to address these sophisticated business problems through the creation and provisioning of highly available and scalable compute clusters built on top of Kubernetes. These clusters are optimized and hardened to support Acquia’s thousands of customers who trust us to deliver their digital brands and experience across the world to millions of users every single day.
- Mentor and lead other product and engineering teams via quality of ideas, code and communication as a domain specialist
- Drive deployment of new features or systems and the retirement of old ones, overcoming inertial resistance to change from customers and employees, in order to simplify product development and operations and increase velocity
- Diagram and document current and future architectural plans sufficiently enough so that necessary partners can understand how new technologies introduced will work
- Work in a DevOps focused team owning and operating the services you build in accordance with service level objectives you define.
- Working on an Agile Scrum team building shippable product increments that meet the goals set with Product Owners.
The ideal candidate is
- Executes projects effectively and efficiently as a leader on the team
- Uses sound rationale for problem identification and decision-making, and can transfer that knowledge to other specialists
- Works in a collaborative and encouraging manner with not only their team but internal partners through clean communication of sophisticated technical concepts
- Strives to consistently achieve excellence in work delivered not only for themselves, but for their teammates.
- Passionate about crafting and maintaining high quality software with test-driven development, continuous refactoring and an eye for simplicity.
- Influences and leads by example delivering fault tolerant services in multiple programming languages, including PHP, Go, and Python.
- Comfortable under pressure and welcomes new challenges
- Very comfortable in the entire Linux stack, from configuration and management to low-level networking fundamentals like ARP, DHCP, TCP/IP, DNS, routing, iptables, etc.
- First hand experience running Kubernetes clusters at scale
- 3+ years hands on software development experience including designing, building, deploying, solving problems, and maintaining highly scalable and fault tolerant data pipelines and microservices
- Production experience in different programming languages:
- PHP, Go, and Python
- Solid Linux OS system management
- Ubuntu, RHEL, Amazon Linux, etc.
- TCP/IP, Routing, DNS, load balancing, HTTP caching, clustering, VPN, etc.
- Development, management and support of Apache Kafka integrations, including topics, producers, consumers, and streaming applications
- Experience configuring and running Kubernetes environments at scale
- Configuration on Kubernetes clusters
- Automation of Kubernetes API for deployment of applications, daemon-sets, stateful-sets etc.
- Kubernetes configuration and management experience specifically using
- AWS EKS setup using terraform and helm charts
- Operational experience with Fluentd, Prometheus, Istio, Anchore, Falco
- Automation of Kubernetes API for deployment/updates/patching/upgrades of applications, daemon-sets, stateful-sets etc.
- Compliance experience in the web security space
- Firewalls, IDS/IPS systems, DOS prevention and PCI, HIPAA, FedRAMP, etc.
- Operational knowledge of Drupal in a production setting
Thank you for considering Acquia for your next career move, and we look forward to receiving your application. There’s no such thing as the perfect candidate. So, we’re not looking for someone who matches all of our criteria; instead, we’re looking for someone with the potential and desire to evolve outward and upward. Regardless of how much of the criteria you meet, you should apply!
Individuals seeking employment at Acquia are considered without regard to race, color, religion, caste, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Whatever you answer will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter.