Senior DevOps Engineer
Lviv / Uzhhorod, Ukraine
JustAnswer is an online marketplace that is revolutionizing professional services by making fast, affordable expert help accessible to people everywhere. Hailed by The Huffington Post as “destined for glory,” our company is made of smart, hard-working people who know how to have fun and get things done. From doctors, lawyers, and vets to auto mechanics and tech support, the 10,000 experts on JustAnswer have helped over eight million people in 196 countries since 2003. Headquartered in the beautiful Presidio of San Francisco, our mission is simple and inspiring: “We help people.” JustAnswer, LLC is backed by investors Crosslink Capital, Glynn Capital, and Charles Schwab.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will work closely with lead developers and architects on current infrastructure, its support, and further growth. You will implement updates and new solutions using infrastructure as a code approach.
Our technology stack includes .NET Core, C#, React.js, Node.js, Typescript, SQL Server 2016, Docker, Kubernetes, Google Analytics, and Power BI. Our ecosystem includes 170 connected applications, our main database is 2 TB, our sites handle 1 million visitors a day and 2 billion requests a month, and we release changes to production several times a day. We are a continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) organization.
- Manage our Kubernetes Lifecycle: deployments, upgrades, monitoring, and uptime of all K8S clusters on-premises/cloud
- Performance assessment and monitoring.
- Use infrastructure as a code approach to develop new and maintain existing solutions
- Work daily with development, QA, and technical operations teams
- Automate and monitor daily project development and nightly builds
- Troubleshoot issues with builds/servers/nonproduction & production environments
- Extensive experience with Linux and Windows Server Operating Systems
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Fluency in multiple scripting languages (e.g. Bash, Python, PowerShell)
- Experience in source code management tools (e.g. Git)
- Experience supporting distributed engineering teams/environments onshore and offshore
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience
Nice to have
- Experience with Azure and Azure DevOps
- Experience with Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet
- Experience with Hyper-V
- Experience with ElasticSearch, Redis, RabbitMQ, NodeJS
- Experience with MS SQL, MySQL
- Time off throughout the year (paid and unpaid)
- Professional development support and encouragement
- Resources to help improve your overall well-being
- Free membership to dive into JA product