Site Reliability Engineer
Remote - London, England, United Kingdom
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join our Client Infrastructure team. We are in an exciting time as we transition our game-changing legal software to a highly scalable container-based platform, from the existing Infrastructure-as-Code AWS implementation.
The environment you would be required to engineer and support is a highly scalable container-based platform, deployed to AWS, across multiple regions.
Working in the Client Infrastructure team you would ensure the success of our product. You would also act as an escalation point for high severity incidents for other AWS infrastructure issues, as well as a point of contact for customer technical teams to make queries in relation to engineering/infrastructure best practices for using the Opus 2 software on-premise.
The role is based from the London office, but we are open to remote working for the right candidate.
- Our ideal candidate is organised, with excellent communication skills.
- Able to manage your own time effectively.
- Should be able to adapt to resolve issues under pressure.
- Familiar with Scrum / Agile methodologies is a bonus, but you will have previously worked in a fast-paced engineering role. At Opus 2 We always strive for excellence, and it is important that you do too.
- Underpinning of Linux (RHEL or Debian-base) administrations, LPIC / RHCSA certification preferred
- Good BASH scripting skills.
- Application and infrastructure networking skills - Subnetting, VLANs, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, TLS, HTTPS, etc.
- Working knowledge with webservers - Nginx, Envoy or HAproxy preferred, Apache or other.
- Amazon Web Services - SolArch Associate or higher certification preferred, equivalent knowledge proven is sufficient.
- Working knowledge with Hashicorp tools - Terraform, Vault, Consul - AWS preferred, Azure / GCP.
- Container technologies Docker/Containers - 2+ years’ experience required.
- Kubernetes - Familiarity required, CKA/CKD certification preferred.
- Worked in a software engineering environment previously / familiar with release and deployment, versioning, change mgmt., etc. processes.
- Puppet 3+ working experience (engineering modules, supporting deployments, etc.).
- GIT version control in-depth experience, preferred experience with Github Enterprise Server.
- Experience with cost optimisation/reservations on AWS.
- 2+ years’ experience with HA AWS setups, multi-region or multi-cloud.
- 2+ years’ experience with container administration (K8S, Docker, Swarm, etc.).
- 2+ years’ experience in SysOps roles (monitoring, alerting, backup & recovery, DR-testing, etc.).
- Hashicorp Vault or similar HSM experience.
- Hashicorp Terraform Cloud / Enterprise experience (wrote modules, maintenance of TFC environments).
- Experience with PHP / Java 11 (Spring boot) code.
- Experience with ETL processing and high throughput file conversion processing.
- Experience with SMB / NFS mounted file systems on Linux (with or without KRB5).
- Experience with on-premise storage and networking concepts and devices (for escalation guidance).
- Jenkins / DroneCI working experience.
- GitHub Cloud experience and GitHub Actions / Packages knowledge.
- Good working knowledge with Continous Integration tools (above or others, such as Circle, etc.).
- Understanding of Continous Deployment tools.
- Good knowledge of Python 3+ / Ruby / Go or any OO scripting language (for automation and config. mgmt.).
Working at Opus 2
Opus 2 is a global leader in the LegalTech space, creating solutions to drive digital transformation in the legal industry. We are the trusted partner of the world’s leading legal teams, with 49 out of 50 of the world’s largest law firms are using Opus 2.
Our achievements are underpinned by our unique culture and our people are our biggest asset. Working at Opus 2, you’ll receive:
- A competitive salary
- Contributory pension plan
- 26 days annual holidays, flexible working and length of service entitlement
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Calm and Mindfulness sessions
- Perkbox scheme
- A day of leave to volunteer for charity and an active CSR team raising money towards a company charity
- Accessible and modern office spaces fully kitted out with Table Tennis.
- Regular company social events.