Senior Software Engineer - Infrastructure
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Location: UK, Remote
What you'll get to do...
GoDaddy’s Infrastructure Organisation is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Infrastructure Engineering team supporting our Global Networks, Data Center, Migrations and Global Production Engineering teams providing multi-functional backend APIs, automation for builds and management of on-premise infrastructure. An Engineer who thrives on innovation and can contribute ideas for key initiatives as part of our Infrastructure Optimization strategy.
- Collaborate across the global organisation to develop optimal engineering solutions for our internal and external infrastructure platform customers
- Contribute to highly scalable and performant systems for the optimization of infrastructure management and our next-generation product platforms
- Participate in experimentation to drive new ways to optimize, modernize and streamline Infrastructure functions
- Write implementations, unit tests and documentation to support our platforms
Your experience should include...
- 5+ years software development engineering experience within an on-premise infrastructure environment
- Proficiency in multiple languages (e.g., PHP, Java or Python)
- Experience with RESTful API design
- Experience with Linux environments and working across distributed systems
- Knowledge of virtualisation technologies
- Building on Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Working within an Agile development environment and strong practice of continuous delivery/integration
- Knowledge of security principles and practical application experience
You might also have...
- Previous experience in a hands-on Infrastructure role including Network or Data Center Engineering or Platform Operations
- Experience working within a hosting-based industry
- Experience with Windows environments
- Experience with cloud platform technologies such as AWS, OpenStack etc
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.