Database Services - Site Reliability Engineer
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Location: UK - Remote
Our Site Reliability Engineers are a hybrid of software and systems engineers. Our current mission is to uplift our infrastructure and stabilise / integrate new infrastructures. We code our way out of operational problems. We are responsible for reliability, scalability, and automation while keeping an eye on performance, and capacity.
What you'll get to do...
- Design, write, and maintain software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of GoDaddy’s data-store services, incorporating third-party open-source tools when available
- Create new designs for a growing number of distributed systems. Design and implement the tools and processes used for deployment and change management
- Plan and execute configuration management
- Own, maintain, and continuously improve all systems provided as a service, such as monitoring and provisioning
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, anticipating performance bottlenecks
- Automate resource provisioning and allocation process. Run software performance analysis and system tuning
- Plan and execute disaster recovery drills. Participate in rotating on-call duties
Your experience should include...
- Fluent in at least one programming language: Python, Java, or C
- Familiarity with algorithms, data structures, and complexity analysis
- In-depth knowledge of operating systems (processes, threads, IPC, concurrency, locks, mutexes, semaphores, etc.)
- Experience working with Unix/Linux systems from kernel to shell and beyond, with experience working with system libraries, file systems, and client-server protocols
- Experience with network protocols and theory (TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, MAC addresses, IP packets, DNS, OSI layers, and load balancing, etc.)
- Experience with Puppet, or some other configuration management tool
- Systematic problem solving approach
- Strong sense of ownership and drive
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited and collaborative to join the team!
You might also have...
- BS or Master’s degree in CS/CE or equivalent experience
- Expertise in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Experience with Amazon Web Services * Performance profiling and tuning of relational databases such as MySQL.
We've got your back...
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.