Senior Software Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our platform empowers more than 20 million active users to analyze and act on feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and market research respondents. SurveyMonkey's products, enterprise solutions, and integrations enable more than 345,000 organizations to deliver better customer experiences, increase employee retention , and unlock growth and innovation. Ultimately, SurveyMonkey's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices.
More about our Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Team
SurveyMonkey is looking for a few good people to build a new SRE organization for the Survey Core experience. The SRE team ensures that SurveyMonkey's important systems have reliability and uptime appropriate to users' needs and a fast rate of improvement while keeping an ever-watchful eye on capacity and performance. SRE is a mindset and a set of engineering approaches focused on optimizing existing systems and eliminating work through automation.
What we're looking for
The Survey Core Senior Site Reliability Engineer will partner with the application development and main infrastructure teams to architect and operate reliable, scalable, and performant services. This is a new team where you can land and have a huge impact on how we do things and help take our engineering excellence to the next level. You will report to the Senior Manager of Site Reliability Engineering.
- Partner with application developers and architects to ensure our services are built for scale, reliability and performance.
- Develop the monitoring solutions on top of existing observability platforms
- Refine the development, build and deployment processes on top of our main infrastructure
- Work with the engineering teams to architect and build our platform services to simplify real-time troubleshooting and operational response to incidents and outages
- Be the expert on how to best use AWS technologies to build our next-generation platform
- Bridge the divide between our core application engineers and our main infrastructure teams
- Provide capacity management expertise to ensure our deployments are managed for robustness and cost
- Bring best practices and own environment management, ensuring all of our dev/test/prod environments are reproducible with high availability
- A minimum 8 years experience operating in a large-scale environment
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with AWS
- A desire to improve the services and customer experiences of the platforms you support
- Experience in architecture
- Experience with systems and application design, including the operational trade-offs of different designs
- Knowledge of different aspects of service design: including messaging protocols and behavior, caching strategies and software design practices
- Experience making strategic trade-offs that are in priority when needed
- Developed accomplished SRE engineers ranging from junior to senior levels of experience
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By advocating inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC's Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.