Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Berlin, Berlin, Germany
PriceHubble is a PropTech company, set to radically improve the understanding and transparency of real estate markets based on data-driven insights. We aggregate and analyse a wide variety of data, run big data analytics and use state-of-the-art machine learning to generate stable and reliable valuations and predictive analytics for the real estate market. We are headquartered in Zürich, with offices in Vienna, Berlin, Paris and Tokyo. We work on international markets. We are backed by world-class investors. We have a startup environment, low bureaucracy and international team and business.
As a Site Reliability Engineer at PriceHubble, you will work closely with the rest of our teams and create a generative, developer-empowering culture that helps solve their problems. Our SREs support the software delivery chain works and to ensure agility and reliability. You will contribute to the development of our platform and general infrastructure.
As a SRE you will:
- Be part of a dedicated SRE as a service team that supports the software engineering teams.
- Play a pivotal role by actively engaging in technology choices and architecture decisions at all levels within the organization.
- Provide guidance to other team members on managing end-to-end availability, improving reliability, and solving scalability issues.
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques and architecture standards, and to cultivate innovation and collaboration across multiple teams.
- Engage in and improve automation, tooling and processes so that software engineers can build, release and run their services autonomously.
- Building and maintaining systems for measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall health of services.
- Deliver features that are directly aligned with business needs.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Ultimately, make sure nothing blows up during your watch ;)
- Experience in growing companies and shepherding engineering culture through growth.
- Confident software engineering skills, in particular Python or similar.
- Operating and administering of SaaS on Google Cloud Platform.
- Working experience with some of our technology stack: Kubernetes, Istio, Helm.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of drive.
- Expertise in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting distributed systems.
- Experience designing and monitoring SLIs and SLOs.
- Understanding security in a cloud environment.
- Experience being on call, and managing incidents.
- Comfortable being part of a distributed team and asynchronous communications.
- You’re okay with not knowing something, as you are confident in learning what is needed.
- In a nutshell, you have an enthusiastic, go-for-it attitude.
You’ll join a great international team of 90+ people across Europe, who’s striving to build the leading suite of real estate digital solutions globally. On top of joining the journey, you will also enjoy our perks:
🕓 Flexible work hours,
💰 Competitive salary,
👖 Casual startup environment,
🏢 Well-located offices,
🍎 fresh organic fruits at will, and more!