Director of Infrastructure Engineering
Remote - London, England, United Kingdom
Ori - Defining the future of computing
We’re working with the world’s leading network providers to build the next generation of the cloud, one that offers new ways to deliver modern applications with unparalleled performance and instant scalability.
Our Ori Global Edge platform connects high performance software deployments, such as industrial IoT, gaming and critical infrastructure, with the lowest-latency compute from the world's best connected networks.
Ori is a deeptech, Series-A scaleup backed by leading investors, including Episode 1, Force Over Mass Capital, Addition and Telefonica.
We’re a pioneering team of engineers, architects and designers solving real-world problems to make scalable edge computing a reality. We’d love you to join us.
Here’s a breakdown of your role (not all of it, just the most important stuff)
- We’re building our cloud, from the ground up. You’ll be supporting the team responsible for the design and implementation of a global infrastructure to support our cloud software stack. From physical network to server operating systems and full lifecycle automation -- Infrastructure is responsible for it all.
- Extensive understanding of Unix/Linux operating system internals, administration, life-cycle management and security.
- Work closely with the VP of Technology to help define processes around our infrastructure as we continue to build and scale. You’ll have come from an environment where infrastructure scaling was part of your DNA. You’ll have a keen eye for detail, platform security and operational simplicity.
- You’ll make data driven decisions, and provide data to other stakeholders on platform operations, stability and security.
- Understand and build upon security considerations from the edge to the cloud and how they contribute to the stability of our platform
- Support and mentor a team of high-performing Principal Infrastructure Engineers
- Partner with teams in engineering to ensure bi-directional needs are understood, communicated and acted upon. Fostering a culture of open communication.
To be successful in your new role, these are the essentials you’ll need
- You think the work we’re doing is exciting!
- You’re familiar with some of the technologies noted above
- You want to help build, scale and operate the next generation of cloud, supporting a product that will power the next generation of technology in a real world greenfield
- You’re comfortable working with new technologies and the inner workings of the infrastructure and networks our technological world is built on
- You’re comfortable working in a team and being collaborative across teams
- You're happy to explain to your colleagues the finer details of your work
- You're happy to coach/mentor/support your team and junior colleagues from across the company as you gain confidence in skills and technologies
- You want to be part of a team which strives for open communication, kindness and empathy
- Commercial Negotiations of supply contracts for Hardware, Software, Colocation and Connectivity
It would be great if you had these too; if you don’t, we’ll support your learning
- Exposure to and understanding of Internet Connectivity eco-systems from across the globe
- Exposure to product led software development processes and practices
Putting our people first
- We believe that equality and inclusion create a more collaborative, more successful environment, where you can recognise and reach your potential.
- Your diverse life experiences, background and perspectives matter to us. We’re about culture-add, not culture-fit, and we’ll help you apply these qualities to extraordinary challenges.
- Whether you’re learning new technologies, making decisions with imperfect information, or developing new skills, we’ll be there to support you.
Here are the benefits you’ll get when you join us
- Option scheme, private health insurance, 4% employer pension contributions
- Work remotely from home or a local co-working space; meet up with colleagues throughout the year
- Paid maternity, paternity & adoption leave
- Training and professional development, supported by an annual budget
- Generous, flexible holiday allowance
Find out more at: https://www.ori.co/