Senior Cloud Platform Engineer
There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
We’re hiring talented Cloud Infrastructure Engineers that are passionate about using software-based approaches to solve complex infrastructure challenges and automate those solutions. You’ll be part of the cloud engineering organization where we have a strong focus on using engineering and software practices to manage and scale our cloud infrastructure. Working in cloud engineering, you’ll lead and contribute to initiatives aimed at scaling our infrastructure, process, systems, and automation. You’ll build a deep understanding of Snowflakes service and use that knowledge, coupled with your infrastructure and cloud knowledge, to optimize and evolve our infrastructure reliability, availability, serviceability, and price/performance.
You’ll work with some of the brightest engineers in the valley. To be successful, you’ll need to be deeply technical and capable of holding your own with other strong peers. You possess excellent communication, collaboration, and diplomacy skills. You have experience practicing infrastructure-as-code, including using tools like Terraform, Ansible. You’ll have strong software development fundamentals and skills. In addition, you’ll have strong systems knowledge and troubleshooting abilities.
If you love solving problems at scale, prefer to write scalable, reliable, and testable software to automate infrastructure management, are an ace troubleshooter, and are deeply technical, then this is the role for you!
We are looking for talented, passionate Senior Cloud Platform Engineers to join our cloud engineering team in Warsaw, Poland and evolve our elastic, large scale, high-performance computing environment. You will be part of a team that has been tasked with building the next generation, highly available, global scale, multi-cloud PaaS platform with open source technologies to enable and accelerate Snowflake's rapid growth. You will get to be a technology thought leader, evangelize new, cutting edge technologies and solve complex problems.
AS A SENIOR CLOUD PLATFORM ENGINEER AT SNOWFLAKE, YOU WILL:
- Contribute to the team charter to build and operate a highly scalable and resilient Infrastructure and platform services that include but not limited to VM, Container and Serverless Platforms.
- Research and implement solutions to build a highly reliable and scalable Kubernetes platform.
- Evangelize and drive adoption of the new platform to meet business goals.
- Introduce tools to facilitate greater automation and operability of platform services.
- Participate in on-call rotation and ensure uptime of services
OUR IDEAL SENIOR CLOUD PLATFORM ENGINEER WILL HAVE:
- BS/CS, MS/CS or equivalent.
- At least 5+ years experience in a software engineering platform team in a Cloud, SaaS environment and supporting mission critical services.
- At least 3+ years in cloud computing (AWS, Azure or GCP).
- At least 2+ years experience in Kubernetes. Experience with Amazon EKS, Azure AKS or Google GKE highly desired.
- Strong coding skills in Golang, Python, C++ or Java.
- Experience with Cloud computing toolsets - Pulumi, Terraform, Vault etc.
- Experience with configuration management tools, preferably Chef.
- Firm grasp of IP networking, load balancing, DNS.
- Good knowledge of distributed systems, APIs, cloud computing.
- Tremendous attention to details and ability to build reliable and scalable software systems.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills conducive to a team environment.
- Able to troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues.
- Self-driven & motivated, with a strong work ethic and a passion for problem solving.
- Experience and knowledge of Git, JIRA, and Jenkins a plus.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?