Senior Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
GO1 is on a mission to unlock positive potential through a love of learning. The GO1 platform makes learning easy with thousands of courses in one simple solution. Since our founding in 2015, we have grown to an organization of 200+ in 9 global offices. At GO1, we go to infinity and beyond through excellent work, prioritising actions over words and encouraging creativity and candour. It is with this spirit that we are driving hypergrowth and international expansion.
About the role:
The Senior QA Automation Engineer will be accountable for ensuring Go1s product and technology is of a high quality and performs to a level and standard which delights our customers and users. In addition, you will maintain Go1s high quality standards and ensure the right tools, talent and processes are happening throughout the development process. Key accountabilities will include:
- Setting up an automation test framework to improve the current situation.
- Define and implement test automation strategy including roadmap, tools, framework & approach.
- Experience in applying TDD and BDD, and CI/CD test practices.
- Identifying and recommending the automated testing processes and tools.
- Provide leadership, guidance, training and mentoring to implement test automation across products and uplift testing skills of the team.
- Evaluate and select the best usage of test automation tools for different purposes.
- Contribute to continuous improvement efforts of the QA team and across the Engineering department.
- Participate in planning, technical design review, estimation and requirements elicitation workshops.
- Define the automation test approach and test process to support feature delivery.
- Ensure that test automation framework and automation code adhere to testing best practices and coding standards.
- Be a champion of change and innovation to improve all aspects of testing.
- Support continuous integration through automation
This is a full time, permanent position based out of Brisbane.
You will have previous experience working in a fast paced, scaling organisation and be comfortable in an organisation where change is enviable and everyone works together as one team. Demonstrable competencies include:
- A degree in computer science or relevant field, or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years’ experience as a quality engineer working in a range of business or product
- Defining and implementing Test automation solutions.
- Performing a Test Automation Architect (or similar) role, including proven experience of designing and implementing Automation Testing frameworks and methodology to support agile product development.
- Hands-on test automation experience in an Agile Development environment.
- Experience with Codeception, Test Café or similar tools
- Experience with contract testing
- Programming experience utilising PHP and Frontend languages (eg React)
- Working knowledge of standard automation tool sets and technologies
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Analytical approach to problem finding and problem solving
We have many benefits to working with Go1. Some of these include access to ongoing learning and development, the ability to work from anywhere as well as the technology to do it! We also have the following:
- Company bonus incentives
- Flexible work environment - work from home of office
- Additional 10 weeks paid parental leave (in addition to government incentives)
- Great culture including free lunch Fridays, wellness programs including yoga and running clubs
- Global organisation with significant growth plans