Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
We’re hiring talented Cloud Infrastructure Engineers that are passionate about using software-based approaches to solve complex infrastructure challenges and automate those solutions. You’ll be part of the cloud engineering organization where we have a strong focus on using engineering and software practices to manage and scale our cloud infrastructure. Working in cloud engineering, you’ll lead and contribute to initiatives aimed at scaling our infrastructure, process, systems, and automation. You’ll build a deep understanding of Snowflakes service and use that knowledge, coupled with your infrastructure and cloud knowledge, to optimize and evolve our infrastructure reliability, availability, serviceability, and price/performance.
You’ll work with some of the brightest engineers in the valley. To be successful, you’ll need to be deeply technical and capable of holding your own with other strong peers. You possess excellent communication, collaboration, and diplomacy skills. You have experience practicing infrastructure-as-code, including using tools like Terraform, Ansible. You’ll have strong software development fundamentals and skills. In addition, you’ll have strong systems knowledge and troubleshooting abilities.
If you love solving problems at scale, prefer to write scalable, reliable, and testable software to automate infrastructure management, are an ace troubleshooter, and are deeply technical, then this is the role for you!
AS A SENIOR CLOUD INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER AT SNOWFLAKE YOU WILL:
- Work on providing a highly automated Cloud-based runtime environment for deploying and scaling a distributed, multi-tenant, high performance compute platform.
- Develop tools to facilitate greater automation and operability of services.
- Design and build net-new production grade environments for advanced analytical workloads.
- Plan, lead, and execute complicated technical projects that interact with a wide variety of teams within the company.
- Utilize your deep experience and problem solving skills to help prevent and investigate production issues.
- Participate in a shared on-call rotation.
OUR IDEAL SENIOR CLOUD INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER WILL HAVE:
- Significant experience with AWS (6+ years), including design, implementation, and maintenance of large scale environments.
- Ability to work on complicated projects with multiple stages and convert long term strategy into short and long-term objectives.
- Extremely strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong automation programming skills. Must have CS fundamentals and a track record of implementing highly reliable software.
- Strong knowledge and implementation history of Terraform, ansible and other orchestration frameworks.
- Strong understanding of networking, Linux, distributed systems, cloud design patterns, API's, and security.
- Tremendous attention to details and ability to build reliable and scalable software systems.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills conducive to a team environment.
- Self-driven & motivated, with a strong work ethic and a passion for problem solving.
BONUS POINTS FOR EXPERIENCE WITH THE FOLLOWING:
- Prior experience implementing and maintaining analytical environments / analysis systems
- Prior experience with Container orchestration platforms is a bonus.
- Experience with Azure and/or GCP
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?