Senior DevOps Engineer
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Here at Datacom we connect people and technology in order to solve challenges, create opportunities and discover new possibilities for the communities we live in.
You will be joining a high-performance team in our extensive Operations business with a focus on innovative, modern approaches to improving the stability, scalability and maintainability of our customer facing systems.
About the Role
As Senior DevOps Engineer, you will contribute to building solutions that solve our customers' hardest problems. You will be building elegant, maintainable, highly available and repeatable solutions, with an experimentation and continuous improvement mindset. You will work collaboratively within an Agile team of dedicated technology SMEs with access to Datacom’s global pool of technical specialists.
What you’ll do
As Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be accountable for, but not limited to:
- Establishing and maintaining operational excellence with automation across a number of technologies and areas, including:
- Operating System deployment, configuration, and security hardening
- Installation and configuration of application middleware platforms
- Deployment to VMware and VMware Cloud on AWS
- Code deployment and platform lifecycle management
- Reporting for audit and compliance requirements
- Ensuring platform high availability is maintained through reliable operational change and release processes
- Customer engagement through technical collaboration and solution design.
What you’ll bring
As Senior DevOps Engineer, you will contribute to the team’s existing cross functional capabilities by providing high level experience with a combination of open source and VMware automation products. You will bring a detailed understanding of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) concepts, and experience with full stack automation including Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD).
You will be given the ability to continually research, develop, and actively promote platform agnostic technology solutions that eliminate manual processes and solve genuine technical challenges.
If you have experience in the following technology areas, it would be an advantage, but ultimately, we’re looking for DevOps Engineers with a deep understanding and appreciation of technology that can adapt quickly to rapid, iterative change.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Windows Server
- git, GitLab CI/CD
- Puppet including Puppet Bolt
- PowerShell DSC
Networking / Load Balancing:
- F5 BIG-IP including Access Policy Manager (APM)
- Infoblox DDI
- System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
Automation / Scripting:
- RESTful API integration and development
- Bash, Python
Software Packaging / Deployment:
- RPM packaging
- Chocolatey packaging
- Docker / Buildah / Podman container development
Please Note: If the above product stack isn’t exactly what you’ve been working with, don’t be discouraged. We’re always keen to speak to candidates that work in similar environments that can demonstrate an ability to implement innovative solutions with equivalent products.
We have over 6,500 people across our global offices and generate an annual revenue of over NZ $1.2 billion annually. This makes us one of Australasia’s largest professional IT services companies.
We have extensive expertise in operating data centres, IT services, software engineering and application management, as well as payroll and customer service design and operations.
With this comes a long list of significant clients and Datacom is committed to hiring, developing and promoting the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds to serve those clients.
We are local at heart, yet world-class in capability.