Site Reliability Engineer
At SecurityScorecard, we are revolutionizing the cyber security industry, and we want YOU to be part of the change! Our SaaS products have created a new category of enterprise software, which companies worldwide rely on to manage the cyber security posture of their vendors.
Backed by Sequoia and Google Ventures, we are growing tremendously year over year. As we scale, so does our need for talent - if you are intellectually curious and excited by the idea of contributing to a high-growth startup, we’d love to talk to you!
About the Role
We are seeking a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) with a knack for solving complex problems. You will combine your acumen for product operations and engineering to help build high-quality solutions which elevate our platform.
More specifically, you will be responsible for availability, latency, performance, efficiency, monitoring, emergency response, and infrastructure planning of SecurityScorecard’s platform. On a daily basis, you will both resolve problems as they arise and then design infrastructure and automation to eliminate or iteratively fix these incidents going forward. Any reactive fix you encounter will motivate and propel you towards creating key infrastructure improvements.
- Work with the rest of the team to improve the reliability of the product and its individual services
- Identify and automate solutions to improve the performance, monitoring, scalability, and overall stability of our platform
- Troubleshoot and identify service level issues
- Collaborate with engineering teams to design, maintain, and support backend applications
- Service operational tickets that deal with existing issues, and identify places where automation could be used to limit/eliminate future incidents
- Participate in capacity/infrastructure planning and implementation of small and large-scale distributed systems
- Research new technology and methodologies for improvement projects
- Be on-call periodically
Apply if the following sounds like you!
- 8-10 years of overall experience in software engineering, systems administration, DevOps, SRE, or related disciplines
- At least 5 years of software engineering experience in large-scale distributed systems
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Continuous Integration/Deployment pipelines experience
- Experience in Logging & Monitoring solutions and techniques
- Database administration knowledge
- Container Orchestration experience
- Configuration Management (Ansible) experience preferred
- Experience using Golang
- Working knowledge of industry standard network protocols and services
- Experience working with a remote team
SSC Perks & Benefits
- A full benefits package (health insurance, standard 401k plan, etc.)
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
- Flexible dress code
- An annual $3,000 ongoing education stipend
- Stocked kitchen with snacks, coffee, beverages, and periodic lunches
- A beautiful Midtown Manhattan office
- Quarterly team outings (escape the room, restaurant week, and more)
- Renown speakers, lecturers, and domain-experts (such as Kim Scott & Allen Gannett)
SecurityScorecard values diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.