Senior DevOps Developer
At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.Senior DevOps Developer
Our team develops tools and frameworks that automate the process of building, testing, deploying, and monitoring RapidResponse solutions. We work with distributed systems that run on clusters of machines. We connect R&D, IT and support teams to drive greater efficiency, working with a wide range of technologies and languages including Jenkins, Azure, Docker, Kubernetes, Elastic, Groovy, PowerShell, .NET Core/C#, ASP.NET Core/MVC, SQL Server.
As a member of the DevOps team, you will focus your skills on designing, implementing, documenting, and supporting various tools, services, builds and web applications in support of our release management pipeline for our RapidResponse™ platform.
What You Will Do
- Design, maintain and operate secure, efficient, reliable, distributed deployment solutions. Enabling efficient deployment and management of our SaaS offering at scale.
- Leverage a deep understanding of IaaS and PaaS services offered on cloud platforms and how to use them to implement solutions that support product architecture initiatives.
- Create tools and implement processes in support of having a fully automated release management pipeline. Including automation builds, environment creation, validations, deployments, and production logging.
- Monitor development and production environments in order to ensure that the deployments are operating as expected for developers and clients. Ensure that all solutions follow security and compliance controls.
- Work with fellow team members to refine initiatives into well documented epics and stories that remove ambiguity by clearly articulating functional and nonfunctional system behavior expectations and design objectives.
- Work in close collaboration with development teams to adjust tooling and ensure proposed designs are compatible with deployment environments and practices.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of Kinaxis applications and services
- Develop accurate effort estimates as part of planning cycles to help the team prioritize and make scoping decisions.
What We Are Looking For
- Experience in developing and designing solutions for a SaaS deployment platform, including orchestration of large number of components in complex and high velocity environment.
- Extensive experience with orchestration related technologies:
- Containers on Linux and Windows
- Well-versed with modern SaaS technologies such as:
- Storage technologies like NetApp and snapshots
- Experience with network technologies
- Load-balancers like the F5 and NGinX
- Firewall rules, routing rules
- Experience with others common SaaS technologies like databases, virtualization, encryption, configuration management, application and system provisioning.
- Experience with object Storage and S3 REST API, threading, and performance tuning
- Experience with API and Microservice driven coding methodologies and coding practices
- Experience with unit test frameworks and integration testing at scale
- Experience with version control tools such as Git, Subversion, etc.
- Experience with CI tools such as Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with artifact repositories such as Artifactory, Nexus, etc
- System administrator skillset with hybrid environment (Linux/Windows) an asset.
- Knowledge of ITIL and NIST frameworks an asset
- BS or BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in Software development, including 5 years as a full stack developer.
- Minimum 3 years with Cloud / SaaS Orchestration
- Minimum 2 years with .NET- or a JVM-based language, such as C#, Groovy, Java, etc.
- Minimum 1 year experience with implementing open source monitoring & alerting systems (Nagios, Prometheus)
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
What We Have To Offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
Kinaxis invites candidates to apply to its welcoming community. Accommodations are available upon request for applications in all aspects of the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.