Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
Here at Datacom we connect people and technology in order to solve challenges, create opportunities and discover new possibilities for the communities we live in.
The Architectural team are responsible for the design and implementation of a variety of IT solutions using Cloud, Infrastructure and Modern Workplace to deliver outcomes across the region. As a well-established team we have a good mix of capabilities and experience. Our Architects team forms part of the wider Professional Services group, so you’ll have the benefit of being part of a close-knit team, with the support and security of a large organisation.
About the Role
You'll be responsible for providing architectural leadership and governance to enable a strong alignment with the Customer’s’ Technology Strategy. You will own the technology roadmap and provide hands on technical leadership for Solution Architects and other Technical Leads aligned to the Account that provide project and operational services.
What you’ll do
- Design and implement IT infrastructure solutions using the most appropriate technologies
- Provide architectural leadership to internal client account and delivery teams
- Provide inspirational technical leadership and innovative thinking
- Provide architectural leadership for Application Modernisation and Cloud Migrations
- Own Project to BAU transition process and governance
- Act as Technical Lead for delivery teams
What you’ll bring
- Extensive experience in Architecture and Design
- Big Picture thinking to the architectural approach for our customers IT and Business Environments
- Aptitude to mentor other people within the team and wider Datacom, providing technical guidance and leadership on projects
- An in-depth understanding of Public Cloud, Hybrid Cloud, Cloud Strategy and Migrations.
- You will have technical knowledge across most of these areas: SAN storage, Disaster Recovery (DR) and Business Continuity (BC) planning, Microsoft and Linux technologies (RHEL, Windows, SQL, Exchange, Active Directory)
- Confidence to engage with our clients, and talk them through benefits of the solution you are recommending
We have over 6,200 people across our global offices, and generate an annual revenue of over $1.2 billion, this makes us one of Australasia’s largest professional IT services companies. We have extensive expertise in operating data centres, providing IT services, software engineering and application management, as well as payroll and customer service design and operations. With this comes a long list of significant clients Datacom is committed to hiring, developing and promoting the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. We are local at heart, yet world-class in capability.
Please apply online. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.