Senior Data Infrastructure Engineer
There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to lead the projects to improve our billing engine. To be successful in the role, the candidate needs to have significant experience in data engineering, software engineering (in Java), and domain expertise in building payment or financial systems.
AS A SOFTWARE ENGINEER IN DATA INFRASTRUCTURE, YOU WILL:
- Drive projects from idea formulation, to design, and to implementation.
- Build a reliable, scalable, and near real-time central data repository for Snowflake leveraging Snowflake technologies.
- Build insights and intelligence on top of our central data repository.
- Collaborate with product managers, data science organizations, business groups, and other engineering teams to build services and analytics with high quality.
- Identify the improvements in our data models and services, functional gaps, and design and build the solutions.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- 10+ years of software development experience in the combination of distributed systems, and payment or financial systems.
- Experience in handling large amount of data and real-time event streaming.
- Extensive and strong development experience in Java and SQL.
- Strong data modeling skills.
- Strong skills in diagnosing issues in a highly distributed environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Knowledge in Salesforce and Workday is a plus.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related majors, or equivalent experience.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?