Senior DevOps Engineer (m/f/d)
Artsy’s mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world. Artsy has created the world’s largest two-sided art marketplace, with more than 1,000,000 works by 100,000 artists from 4,000 of the world’s leading galleries, auction houses, art fairs, and institutions across 190 countries.
In support of a more expansive marketplace for art consumption, we are seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to support our platform’s growing complexity and to ensure the health and reliability of our services.
Artsy DevOps engineers are responsible for maintaining the distributed infrastructure that our applications run on. As Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for enhancing the scalability and observability of our services to ensure the highest quality user experience.
- Administer our self-hosted Kubernetes cluster to guarantee maximum uptime
- Improve our platform’s resilience, instrumentation, and security
- Ensure that our MongoDB and Postgres databases are optimized for performance and recovery
- Contribute to our tech infrastructure by making improvements to our continuous deployment pipelines (Jenkins and CircleCI)
- Build and integrate tools (such as our in-house CLI tool and Atlassian Statuspage) to expand access to our hosting infrastructure
- Own strategy and administration of backend services such as Elasticsearch, Redis, Memcached, and RabbitMQ
- Share security trend and stay abreast of new vulnerabilities
- *Own your dependencies by interfacing with open source community to solve problems when necessary.*
Approximately 5+ years of professional experience with some or all of the following:
- Experience performing service and container orchestration for a production system
- Proven success managing deployments with Kubernetes and Chef
- Ability to drive cross-team alignment on initiatives that affect our shared infrastructure
- Ability to influence technologies we incorporate through robust decision-making and consideration of tradeoffs
- Can work both independently and collaboratively within a dynamic engineering org to initiate and promote best-practices across the team.
- Has strong opinions, loosely held. They will change our team, and our team will change them.
- Understands the tradeoffs between done and perfect (and favors the done end of the spectrum).
- Feels resonance with our engineering principles.
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
For the Love of Art: We have relentless curiosity, empathy, and passion for collectors, artists, and the art market. We are here to make the art world more fair and welcoming.
Own Our Outcomes: We are all individual owners of Artsy’s shared success. We are resourceful and resilient, and to get the job done, we each take responsibility for our outcomes.
Lead with Openness: We trust in our teammates. We seek diverse perspectives, communicate authentically, and act with integrity. A more open art world starts with us.
Transform Together: Our mission asks us to challenge the status quo. We embrace feedback, learning, and change so that we can transform our industry, our company, and ourselves.
Impact Over Perfection: Using both art and science, we debate and decide swiftly and iterate on our plans as we learn. To make the biggest impact, we prioritize speed and clarity of action over perfection.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.