Overland Park, Kansas, United States
WellSky is seeking a DevOps Engineer to join our team.
In this role one will create, maintain, and troubleshoot the Development, QA, Staging, and Production environments in our Corporate datacenter and in AWS. This role will be responsible for monthly security patches, product releases through the environments, and operational performance.
A day in the life!
You will be responsible for the following:
- Deploy new versions of the product to production using automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines).
- Apply monthly security patches to all Post Acute Care servers withing the datacenter
- Monitor operational performance of the Post Acute Care Products within the datacenter
- Monitor capacity/infrastructure to forecast needs of the business
- Troubleshoot and maintain UAT, Stage, and Production system configurations.
- Develop and maintain design and troubleshooting documentation.
- Troubleshoot performance production issues and coordinate with the development team to streamline code deployment.
- Rotating within an off hours support On Call schedule
- Responsibilities also include close collaboration with software developers on the product teams, operations staff, and other IT staff members to manage code releases.
Do you have what it takes?
- 5+ years’ experience as a DevOps Engineer or equivalent software-engineering role.
- You possess a problem-solving attitude.
- Perform work independently
- Can complete small well-defined tasks
- You have experience in network, server, and application-status monitoring.
- You can work as part of an agile software development team and understands the SDLC process.
- Continuous Delivery/Integration: Azure DevOps
- Application Development/Coding/Scripting Experience: Powershell
Do you stand above the rest?
- You possess a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field.
- Senior level experience in software development lifecycle automation (DevOps) in AWS.
- Experienced in creating Docker containers.
- Experience maintaining and configuring Kubernetes.
- Experience in infrastructure as code.
- AWS experience, specifically: EC2, EKS, ECR, RDS, IAM, VPC, Cloud Formation
- Container Orchestration experience, specifically: Kubernetes, Helm.
- OS Automation & Administration Experience: Linux (Ubuntu 18.04 or higher), Windows Server 2016 or higher.
- You have working knowledge of Ruby or Python and known DevOps tools like SVN, TFS and Git.
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer
WellSky is a leading supplier of software and services solutions that help acute, post-acute, and human service providers improve efficiency, support business growth, and provide intelligent care to patients and people in need. WellSky is headquartered in Overland Park, KS with 1,800 teammates across the U.S., Canada, and the U.K. WellSky serves more than 20,000 client sites around the world - including the largest hospital systems, blood banks and labs, in-home care agencies, post-acute care facilities, government agencies, and human services organizations. WellSky's software and services address the continuum of health and social care - helping businesses, organizations, and communities solve touch challenges, improve collaboration for growth, and achieve better outcomes through predictive insights that only WellSky solutions can provide. Informed by 40 years of providing software and expertise, WellSky anticipates providers' needs and innovates relentlessly to help people thrive. Our purpose is to empower care heroes with technology for good, so that together, we can realize care's potential and maintain a healthy, flourishing world.
We're looking for talented individuals who want to use their skills to build a strong, technology-driven company. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, a new Health Savings Account with a generous employer contribution and a casual and fun environment that encourages quality, creativity and excellence. Enjoy all we have to offer. We invite you to join us. Apply today!
WellSky provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. WellSky is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with WellSky must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.