New York, New York, United States
DevOps Engineers at Code & Theory create infrastructure to support principal engineering projects globally. They work across different cloud platforms and technical stacks, leveraging automation technologies to high levels. As a DevOps Director, you are a subject matter expert in this particular domain and stay abreast of developments and changes in those industries and technologies.
You will need to be capable of leading a collaborative team of devops engineers, creating consistency in managing cloud environments for ourselves and clients, owning a roadmap for internal tools, and the way projects are set up and maintained.
Finally, you’ll be managing active and upcoming projects for which we develop new and cutting edge experiences which often require applying best practices to operationalize brand new technologies. Whether it’s for in-store experiences, AR/VR projects, AI/ML tools, CMS, ecommerce, and native applications, we need our DevOps Director to lead, ideate and experiment with the development teams to come up with the best solutions.
In your first few months, you can expect to:
- Conduct audits on our current cloud infrastructure platform and roadmap continuous improvement
- Review existing clients technical architecture to support the respective development teams
- Analyze our current build processes, to identify how this process can be optimized.
In your first year, you will:
- Develop a skill set across all the technical stacks that Code & Theory is using: CMS, Ecommerce, AI/ML/NLP, AR/VR, experiential, etc.
- Parter with peer technical directors and other technical project leads to understand emerging needs for current and future projects.
- Roadmap and manage implementation of improvements that have you have identified and have socialized through the technical department (potential topics: CI/CD, Atlassian, AWS/Azure, Server provisioning, etc.)
- Mentor and manage a team of DevOps engineers to expand our knowledge base in the field and establish best practices.
To succeed in this role you should have:
- Expert level sysadmin and devops experience
- Experience designing and operating highly available software in large distributed and virtual environments.
- Automation should be in your DNA
- Continuous deployment / integration in a rapid startup or agency environment
- Mastery capabilities in Linux and Unix operating systems
- Expertise in complex network topologies, cloud/laas environment (AWS, Azure), virtualization software (VMWare) and build systems (Jenkins, Maven, Ant).
- Tools including: orchestration (Kubernetes), configuration management (Ansible, Chef), containerization (Vagrant, Docker) and monitoring/alert (New Relic, Nagios)
- Experience setting up platforms and processes in a multi-project, multi-client environment
- Experience integrating environments for both web projects (Drupal, AEM, Sitecore), as well as mobile or interactive projects
- Understanding of typical ad agency processes is beneficial but not required