IT Automation Engineer
Provo, Utah, United States
Qualtrics is the technology platform that organizations use to collect, manage, and act on experience data, also called X-data™. The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action, used by teams, departments, and entire organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand—on one platform. Over 10,000 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics to consistently build products that people love, create more loyal customers, develop a phenomenal employee culture, and build iconic brands. Qualtrics was recently acquired by SAP, and together we will accelerate XM and power the experience economy. Join us on this adventure that can open many doors! Join a company that is dedicated to your ideas and growth, recognizes your unique contribution, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing, maintaining and monitoring of backend and infrastructure systems. This role participates in providing internal customer support, troubleshooting and solution development related to Windows and Apple endpoint devices, conference room equipment and VoIP telephony.
- Be the service owner for C-level executives support processes in Qualtrics HQ
- Own, end to end, user support and office conference room infrastructure for Provo office. Align end user support practices and conference room configuration and operation with the global best practices at Qualtrics.
- Maintain IT Asset Management records for North American offices using available automation tools. Order, receive and dispose of equipment in NA offices according to the current Information Security Policy and country-specific accounting practices.
- Be the secondary SME on Windows endpoint management, leveraging Azure AD and Intune as automation tools
- Be the secondary SME on Mac OS endpoint management, leveraging Jamf as an automation tool
- Coding: able to write code from scratch using a high-level language such as Python, leveraging webhooks and API calls, with consideration for security and maintainability of that code.
- SQL analytics: being able to turn employee and IT incident and service request data in MySQL database into information useful for optimizing IT services
- Field IT service desk requests and provide solutions based on documentation written by senior team members
- Educate employees about IT processes and self-service options as part of providing responses to incoming requests
- Support desktop equipment (computers, phones, etc.): triage incoming requests, identify root causes, take remedial action as prescribed by documentation, escalate to senior team members if a case does not fit any of the known solutions
- Manage the technology component of employee onboarding/departure process: set up laptops for new hires, distribute peripheral equipment according to the established process, monitor incoming tickets for laptop provisioning requests
- Routinely propose updates to problem solving documentation when encountering outdated or absent articles
- Travel to North American offices for IT setup of conference rooms and other endpoint equipment
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, being able to understand and be understood by native speakers of American, British and Australian English.
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a 2nd or 3rd tier IT Support Engineer or as IT Asset Manager
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, IT, or similar
- Mac OS X - complete understanding of the UI and user-configurable settings.
- Network - understanding of network fundamentals, able to describe operation of TCP/IP protocol in general, able to explain the operation of wired and wireless Ethernet networks.
- Experience administering a user directory service - G Suite or Active Directory.
- Soft skills
- High EQ - able to recognize emotions of others and find optimal communication strategy to get past emotions to the substance of the matter
- Ability to self-educate on technical subjects, such as programming languages, software packages and service processes.
- Ability to choose the right tool for the job: balance complexity / effort / cost to the outcome.
- Candid yet polite communicator
- Ability to write concise and clear Wiki articles.
- Good time management skills - know what (s)he is spending time on
- Curiosity and enthusiasm to learn about IT
- Work ethics: sense of ownership, ready to work on unattractive tasks/projects for the benefit of the company
- Resilience: not to be put down by failure / obstacles / rejection
- Willingness to invest time and effort into building long term relationships with consumers of IT services
- Critical thinking: looking for improvements, not accepting the way things are done for granted
- Ability to plan activities for oneself and others, understand dependencies between own work product and inputs to others
- Analytical ability to dissect a problem and find a root cause
It Would Be Even Better If You Had..
- Apple Business Manager (DEP) - understanding of what it is, how it works and troubleshooting sequence.
- Jamf - understanding of what it is, how it is used at Q and what are the technological limitations of the tool.
- Jira - experience automating IT processes in Jira Service Manager
- Zoom system administration skills - understanding account provisioning, permissions, screen sharing prerequisites, Zoom room maintenance.
- Experience with IT asset management systems
- Envoy visitor management system: understanding how it operates, how to install a terminal and troubleshoot
- Experience deploying and supporting Windows an a corporate environment using Autopilot and Intune
- Supported a large (1,000+) desktop environment in a multinational business
Qualtrics is an equal opportunity employer
Qualtrics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.