Sr. Site Reliability Engineer (Security)
Sr. Site Reliability Engineer (Security) | Acorns
At Acorns, we're building a financial wellness system that enables everyday Americans to save and invest every day. We are transforming the category and recruiting a team that is relentless at fulfilling our mission. The Acorns team comes together every day to deliver a revolutionary product to its customers, the up-and-coming. If you thrive in an environment where you can push yourself beyond all previous thresholds of possibility, come join us at Acorns.
Acorns is looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to fill the mission-critical role of ensuring that our complex, web-scale systems are secure, healthy, monitored, automated, and designed to scale. You will use your background in software development and operations to work closely with our product, development, Information Security, and QA teams from the early stages of design all the way through identifying and resolving production issues. The ideal candidate will be passionate about bridging the gap between product ideas and the production systems, and he/she will believe that automation is a key component to operating large-scale systems. We are looking for a candidate that can help make security part of the DNA of software design, development and deployment.
This role has the option to be remote or based in our Irvine or New York offices.
You are not expected to have experience with all listed requirements. If you feel passionately about Acorns' mission, vision and values, please apply.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Gain access to all systems and services that we oversee and manage
- Become familiar with our AWS environments, stages and permissions
- Become familiar with Shipmunk and our CI/CD tooling
- Become familiar with Datadog and Sentry
- Introduce and understand how the SRE’s interact with the Operations team
- Introduce and understand how the SRE’s interact with the Service Management team
- Introduce and understand how the SRE’s interact with Information Security
Within 3 months, you will:
- Shadow and solo Incident On-Call
- Start resolving AWS Helpdesk ticket
- Start attending Operational Readiness and Architectural Design Reviews
- Start attending Root Cause Analysis document reviews
- Start making Terraform code commits
- Start reviewing Change Management tickets
Within 6 months, you will:
- Start identifying gaps and opportunities for improvements across the scope of responsibilities
- Continue work with product teams to improve monitors and alerting
- Continue working with teams to help identify root cause for system failures
- Improve documentation both for internal use and for publishing to developers
What you will bring to Acorns:
- Thirst for delivering game-changing products
- Exceptional drive and precision in delivery
- A belief that your work is tied to your life's mission
- Optimistic about the potential of societal change
- You are not expected to have experience with all listed requirements. If you feel passionately about Acorns' mission, vision and values, please apply.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Flexible paid time off
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases and automatically Invest the Change® into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world's top asset managers (including Vanguard and BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father and son team Walter and Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns' smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Acorns believes diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental obligations that strengthen our team. We need a diverse, multi-disciplinary team to build a meaningful company and culture.
- Lead with heart
- Make bold decisions
- Always build trust
- Never stop growing
- Find a way