Senior Global Reliability Engineer
Something about us...
App Annie is the industry’s most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. Our mission is to help customers create winning mobile experiences and achieve excellence. We created the mobile app data market and are committed to delivering the industry’s most complete mobile performance offering. We are headquartered in San Francisco with 12 offices worldwide. More than 1,200 enterprise clients and 1 million registered users across the globe and spanning all industries rely on App Annie as the standard to revolutionize their mobile business.
Along with a market defining product, we take great pride in our culture and values and strive to embody them daily! We set a high bar for our success and have made Excellence as our standard, hold each other Accountable, continuously push Innovation and Win with Style.
What you can tell your friends when they ask you what you do
“I work with a talented, data-driven team of developers, UX designers and product managers to create and maintain the AppAnnie big data Platform. You are one engineer who knows and controls the life cycle of huge data. From the unstructured data to the formatted, the data would be taken care of by you via managing the big data infrastructure. You are also an expert who delivers tons of data to customers via an application with heavy API traffic. You could use the most popular technology to tame this data beast !“
You will be responsible for and take pride in….
Make the difference on how engineering department impacts the company results through reliability of applications
Continuous improvement on customer satisfaction and company’s key metrics
- Direct impact in reduction of churn
- Direct impact on increase of net retention
- Helping Global Support Team, customers and internal teams through problems resolution
- Being a reference regarding company applications
- Having a direct impact on Response/Resolution time for Major Incidents + Follow-Up actions
Leverage most popular technology to resolve problems
- Big data: spark, data warehouse, distributed ETL system
- High performance application: Micro Service infrastructure
- Experience of handling data with huge size (PetaByte level)
You should recognize yourself in the following...
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline.
- 3+ years of software development experience.
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Python, Java.
- Object Oriented Design and familiarity with application and database programming under UNIX/Linux.
- Experience with Agile/Lean (Kanban, SCRUM, RUP, XP), OO modeling, web services, UNIX, middleware, database and data ETL systems.
- Experience in developing high performance, high scalable distributed systems.
- Good communication in English (speak and write). Mandarin is a good plus in Asia.
This is what we have to offer…
- We provide a WFH allowance to set you up for remote work success.
- Internet allowance for stable internet connection, so your video does not freeze on Zoom.
- Flexible working days. We love to meet, but if you need to get your kids behind school-zoom, need to leave early to get to your band repetition or gym classes, do your thing.
- Paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Health and dental benefits.
- An international team of talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations.
- Wellbeing allowance for any activity that matters to your wellbeing; (online) gym classes, fitness equipment, mindfulness apps or even childcare support!
- Unlimited access to online learning platform Udemy to help you develop your skills.
- Virtual initiatives and events to keep you connected with your colleagues.
Yes, I want this job!