Staff Cloud Platform Engineer, DataFleets
New York City, NY, United States
LiveRamp (NYSE: RAMP) powers data collaboration by making it safe and easy to connect the world's data, people, and applications. We are one of the fastest-growing SaaS businesses—the enabling product behind >700 enterprise customers and many of the world's biggest brands and technology platforms. LiveRamp recently acquired DataFleets, a Silicon Valley leader in privacy-preserving and federated data analytics, and is continuing to build their engineering team.
Privacy enhancing technologies (PETs) like differential privacy and federating learning have tremendous market-demand and strong theoretical foundations. We are building a future in which all data, anywhere, can be connected and useful without compromising individual data privacy. The LiveRamp engineering team is making this grand vision a reality. DataFleets operates like a startup within a larger company, stays on the bleeding-edge of research in PETs, and bridges the gap between theory and practice by employing rigorous software engineering practices to develop technology.
- Plan and build distributed, scalable, resilient services and systems that power LiveRamp’s multi-cloud infrastructure.
- Work closely with product and data scientists to solve complex problems at a global scale
- Design and build services that will provide critical services to the platform across all major cloud providers in multiple regions.
- Ensure SRE concepts are applied throughout the service lifecycle
- Work in close collaboration with global team members based in California, Colorado, London and elsewhere.
- 8+ years of experience in software engineering in a globally distributed environment.
- Extensive experience in designing and building distributed systems in Go, C/C++, Java/Kotlin or other statically typed programming languages while exercising deep knowledge of their distributed systems principles, algorithms, and trade-offs
- Have taken multiple projects throughout the full software lifecycle from early designs to production deployments
- Ability to diagnose technical problems, debug code, and automate routine tasks
- Just lazy enough to continuously automate your day job
- Experience developing federated cloud deployments across regions
- Experience using cloud native tools such as Helm, Envoy, Prometheus, traefik and/or others listed on https://www.cncf.io/projects/
- Experience working with multi cloud setups
- Experience with securing systems in a public cloud environment
- People: work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Fun: we host in-person and virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony: flexible paid time off and paid parental leave.
- Whole Health Package: medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance. Plus mental health support (via Talkspace) and fitness reimbursement up to $100 per month.
- Savings: our 401K matching plan helps you plan ahead.
- Commuter Subsidy: $75 per month to be used toward commuter cards, monthly parking, rideshare pools, or metro/bus passes.
More about us:
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.