IT DevOps Engineer
Pittsburgh, PA; Palo Alto, CA
Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
This role will be focused on leveraging new technologies and systems to meet the growing adaptation of processes focused on automation and orchestration within the corporate Information Technologies environment. You will leverage your experience with development and orchestration tools in systems and network infrastructure deployment and management.
What you’ll do:
- Support the deployment of service orchestration: centralizing configuration and automation
- Build the core libraries, frameworks and tools that power standard service development, enhance service resilience and reduce service maintenance overhead
- Support the infrastructure connecting our cloud-based development environment
- Work on the deployment of our infrastructure continuous-integration and continuous delivery systems
- Use your experience in logical design of systems, research and development, and hands-on configuration.
- Build an orchestration framework to support a secure infrastructure
- Deploy and maintain software applications on Linux environments
- Work with our Architecture, Network, and System engineering teams to develop automated deployment and maintenance models across the organization.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Outstanding problem solving and can tackle tough challenges with innovative thinking and determination
- Exceptional coding abilities and experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications.
- Excellent communication skills and can effectively discuss technical issues with both technical and non-technical customers
- Daily interaction and deployment of orchestration to automate processes
- Expert level hands on experience with Ansible and familiarity with Ansible Tower
- Experience with specific build tooling such as Jenkins
- Deep knowledge and experience with CI/CD systems
- Excellent Python coding and debugging skills
- Strong skills leveraging multiple API protocols including: SOAP, JSON, REST-RPC
- Experience automating deployments Network Infrastructure as well as Cloud and On-premises Compute environments
- Ability to build detailed designs and documentation around Orchestration and DevOps tooling
- Degree in computer science or related field, or minimum of 10 years related work experience
- 5+ years DevOps experience
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.