Domains Registrars and Investors - Site Reliability Manager
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Web giant GoDaddy is the world's biggest domain registrar, currently managing more than 75 million domains for 17 million customers around the globe. We empower the everyday entrepreneur with sage guidance to name, create and grow their own venture.
This leadership position will lead, mentor and grow our Production Engineering team (SRE’s) as well as collaborate with our developers, business partners and vendors to build, run and automate our platform for both on prem/cloud workloads.
This team is responsible for ensuring our production environment meets and or exceeds our Availability SLA (99.99), ensures our compliance/patching is maintained, scales and builds new features as well as technical troubleshooting to address operational issues that arise. We have hundreds of services running on thousands of hosts (both physical and virtual) within our own data centers and external cloud providers on 6 continents. To keep the lights on with such a nimble team requires a particular skillset and mindset (we aim to automate all things). The leader of this space will oversee one of our most critical business units (DRI). The leader will keep the team motivated, mentor/skilling up our DevOps folks, participating in code reviews and working across groups/teams to accomplish our goal (keep our customers happy).
Remote / East Coast
What you'll get to do...
- Strategic thinker with the ability to diffuse/manage conflict
- Experience in leading technical teams remotely spread across the U.S
- DevOps mindset
- Project management experience working across groups/orgs
- Drive prioritization and consensus across multiple competing initiatives in collaboration with stakeholders
- Able to Communicate with our partners, developers and our customers
- Works well in high pressure, high stress situations
- Effective collaborator
- Broad technical skills with the ability to dive into the code for reviews
- In-depth awareness of current tech and market trends
- Lead architectural discussions within the organization and across the company
- GoDaddy has embraced the cloud. Influence the cloud migration strategy where required
- Mentor, coach and grow a multisite, multi-product engineering organization
- Actively participate in recruiting and development of technical staff for GoDaddy
Your experience should include...
- Computer Science bachelor's degree relevant technical degree or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of modern platform architectures and emerging technologies
- Experience working in public clouds such as AWS/GCP, and building applications that operate in multiple availability zones and regions
- Experience with managing a complex portfolio of products and ability to optimize resource allocation based on platform strategy, product goals and business goals.
- Experience building, scaling, managing platforms and APIs
- Experience in driving distributed systems projects
- Experience transitioning teams to embrace DevOps
- Experience evolving monolithic systems into modern microservice architectures
- Communication, leadership, team building, and people management skills that your employees appreciate and competitor’s envy
- 10+ years professional software engineering experience
- 5+ years of people management experience
- Travel required
We've got your back...Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.