Senior DevOps Engineer
Do you believe that automation is the only way to scale out a service? Do you believe in improving operational efficiency by building tools and bots? Join us, the Poshmark Cloud Operations team, in pushing the limits of cloud-based technologies to power our explosive growth! As we continue to experience a dramatic increase in the usage of our product, help us scale our infrastructure, tools and process to improve the operational efficiency and developer productivity.
- Enable rapid development through robust Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Script / automate core processes to improve efficiency as well as platform availability
- Ensure the highest availability of the platform and its core services
- Manage configuration deployment, backup and (OS) updates
- Debug incidents, escalate and follow through until resolution has been achieved
- Participate in on-call rotation to en
- Partner with other teams to share tools, expertise, and create effective solutions
- Assist with building the DevOps team
- Develop and institute monitoring policies as well as intrusion detection systems.
- Ability to solve operational issues through engineering automated solutions
- 4+ years experience, ideally in a startup or fast growing company
- Battle-proven, real-life experience in running a large scale operation
- Experience with cloud platforms, preferably AWS
- Proficiency with NoSQL systems, preferably MongoDB, Redis
- Experience running search indexes (Lucene, ElasticSearch) at scale
- Ability to identify root cause issues quickly and solve them when time is a critical factor
- Scripting skills (Python, Ruby, Bash etc.)
- Experience with network monitoring (e.g. Nagios, Zenoss etc.) as well as centralized logging systems (e.g. Splunk, ELK), version management systems (e.g. git, SVN, CVS) and automation tools (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Docker)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or the equivalent
Poshmark is a leading social commerce platform for the next generation of retailers and shoppers. Through technology, our mission is to build the world’s most connected shopping experience, while empowering people to build thriving retail businesses. Since launching in 2011, Poshmark has become a vibrant social shopping community with five million Seller Stylists helping 60 million users discover items they love from over 100 million listings. The company is backed by the world’s leading investment firms including Mayfield, Menlo Ventures, GGV Capital, Temasek, Inventus Capital, Uncork Capital, Union Grove Venture Partners, Shea Ventures and AngelList. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, or find us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube.
At Poshmark, we are constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of our business. Our culture is built around love and community, and embodies the mantra, embrace your weirdness aimed to empower everyone to embark on their own unique journey. We’re nothing without our amazing team of leaders, innovators and dreamers; the people who put all the pieces together to deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
Here’s what we’ll set you up with:
- A team that is invested in your career growth and development
- Competitive salary
- Company sponsored insurance
- Smartphone reimbursement
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Flexible vacation / paid time off policy
- Parental leave
- Healthy and exciting catered lunches, snacks and beverages offered daily
- Personal style encouraged (or not, whatever you’re in to)
- Fun company happy hours, parties, and offsite events
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.