Incline Village, NV or New York City
If creating reliable infrastructure for an enterprise platform built from scratch on serverless technologies gets you out of bed in the morning, then our DevOps Architect position may be for you.
In this role, you will have a rare opportunity to drive the vision for our entire end-to-end, continuous deployment pipeline using modern open-source libraries and frameworks. You will help define internal applications to monitor customer usage in order to balance performance, availability, and an efficient use of resources. Our team moves fast, and you will too as you create a DevOps culture anchored on progressive automation and scaling best practices that continually evolve with serverless architecture.
As a technical leader at Ridgeline, you will also help preserve our dynamic culture, and influence the trajectory of an ambitious tech startup. Our team aims to leave a legacy in an investment management industry primed for change. This role can be based in our Lake Tahoe or NYC office.
At this time, Ridgeline does not sponsor work visas.
What will you do?
- Envision the infrastructure architecture for our platform, and drive business requirements to production
- Build a measurably reliable environment for both our internal engineering team as well as our end customers
- Scale and empower a true DevOps organization spanning a core team and engineers across the company
- Analyze resource usage across internal pipelines and customer environments to drive towards long term profitability
- Define environments, tooling, and standards to ensure quality and consistency of design and implementation
- Continue development of the Ridgeline tech stack powered by serverless, modern front-end frameworks and cost-effective utilization of AWS infrastructure
- Work across several products and teams to build frameworks, tooling, and utilities to streamline operational efficiency via effective release management
- Understand our customer onboarding process and create tooling to speed up implementation through availability of testing environments
- Get your hands dirty alongside DevOps & Product Engineering team members to lead implementation of our architecture
- Work cross-functionally to understand requirements and translate them into DevOps design and implementation
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s in computer science or related disciplines
- Certifications in AWS and Linux
- 10+ years experience in a development operations role or similar function, with a track record of building, maintaining, and launching new offerings on AWS
- Hands on experience with core AWS offerings: Lambda, DynamoDB, API Gateway, Athena, S3, CloudFormation, CodeBuild, CloudWatch, Route 53, CloudFront, Glue, VPC, SAR, X-Ray, CloudTrail, IAM, Cognito
- Experience designing and launching enterprise applications with agile development methodologies
- A history of deploying, monitoring, and maintaining multi-tenant architectures which had the ability to evolve without the need for a full reimplementation/redesign year to year
- Partner effectively with colleagues from Product Engineering, Product Management, Design, Security, and QA
- Experience fulfilling SOC2 compliance requirements
- Expert at multiple CI/CD methodologies (CodePipeline and CodeBuild, Gitlab, Jenkins, Git, Chef, Cloud Formation), with an understanding of what works and a willingness to innovate for scale
- Ability to automate manual tasks and help teams manage complex environments at scale
- Advanced experience constructing and maintaining build and deployment pipelines
- Ability to balance empathy with the customer with the needs of the business and technology
- Know your way around the UNIX command line
- Experience with shell scripting, Python, and Agile workflow methodologies
- Comfortable working with Slack, JIRA/Confluence, AWS, Invision, or Github
- Experience working with operations teams in the financial services industry
- Has represented DevOps work externally, including at technology conferences
Headquartered in the Lake Tahoe Basin with an office in the heart of Manhattan, Ridgeline employees enjoy the best of both worlds: the tranquility of Lake Tahoe and the energy of the country's financial epicenter.
Our unconditional commitment to our customers and each other creates an environment of respect, trust, and collaboration; we lift each other up in the pursuit of shared goals. If this people-first perspective is important to you, perhaps you're one of us.
Ridgeline is proud to be a community-minded, discrimination-free equal opportunity workplace.
Ridgeline processes the information you submit in connection with your application in accordance with the Ridgeline Applicant Privacy Statement. Please review the Ridgeline Applicant Privacy Statement in full to understand our privacy practices and contact us with any questions.