Senior Marketing Automation Engineer
If you like disrupting the norm and are looking for a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. At Carvana, our customers can hop online to…
- Search and browse our inventory of over 20,000 vehicles that we own and certify.
- Narrow down search results using highly intelligent filtering tools/components.
- View vehicle details, Carfax reports, and 360 rotating studio images for every vehicle.
- Secure financing in minutes using Carvana’s in-house service or their own bank.
- Interact with GUI components to easily customize loan length, down payment, and monthly payment.
- Generate, upload, and eSign all documents online (no ink necessary).
- Schedule front door delivery or pick up at one of our vending machines.
- Trade-in their existing vehicle or just sell it to Carvana (no purchase necessary).
About the team and position
The Next Generation Communication team works on just about all emails and communications sent from Carvana. This dynamic team supports many business units and our own initiatives through Email and SMS communications. We are looking for another Super Admin in the Marketing Automation tool that can help develop emails and global snippets, build campaigns, setup A/B tests, troubleshoot and work with stakeholders from other teams to define their campaigns.
What you’ll be doing
- Work closely with the Next Generation Communications team and other business partners to build, test, launch and analyze campaigns.
- Work with our in-house design team to code high-performing, on-brand emails
- Develop Emails and Global Snippets within the Marketing Automation Platform (Iterable)
- Develop fixes for mobile emails (when applicable)
- Write Email Scripts for dynamic content or advanced UX - handlebars (Iterable) or Velocity (Marketo)
- Create email marketing campaigns and strategies spanning multiple customer types, intents, and buy stages.
- Work with data analysts to understand customer interactions with the brand.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you should know
- Minimum 2-4 years of direct experience managing email marketing programs is a must.
- Extensive knowledge of HTML and CSS for Email. (Bonus if you’ve used MJML in the past)
- Proficiency in marketing automation technology; Iterable/Marketo Experience Preferred (will train the right candidate)
- Experience in setting up A/B tests
- Highly motivated, hardworking, and able to effectively multi-task and manage competing and changing priorities.
- Exceptional analytical, organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to provide clear observations, analysis, and conclusions to support changes in marketing practices.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, managing deadlines and obtaining necessary approvals.
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.