Manager of Infrastructure
A Software Development Manager leads an Engineering team and collaborates on delivering world class features to our end users. The Software Development Manager is responsible for driving their team in developing end user customer experiences, making sure they function as designed, and are delivered on time.
Our Stack: GCP, Kubernetes, CloudSQL/MySQL, Helmfile, Terraform, Ansible, Docker, Nginx, Redis, Python, Flask, Jinja, ES6, Vue.js, Snowflake, Looker, Matillion
What You'll Bring
- Live by and champion our values: #ownership, #empathy, #day-one, #humility.
- Manage a first-class engineering team that will scale as the company and business grows, identifying and filling any team gaps.
- Develop a team-oriented, supportive culture with a strong focus on creating a working environment that fosters collaboration, open communication, and delivering outcomes.
- Be responsible for team output and hands on day-to-day writing and reviewing code.
- Constantly improve team productivity, refine agile processes, and create methods to increase efficiency.
- Investigate, analyze, and evangelize programming methodologies such as test-driven development, pair programming, etc.
- Perform personnel management tasks for a team of developers, including performance reviews, compliance with company policies, mentoring, and helping plan career growth.
- Train new software engineers on our best practices, standards, culture, and policies.
- Collaborate with the VP of Engineering in setting roadmap and priorities to ensure deliverables are met as well as raising concerns identified early on.
- Champion good habits (development techniques, security, tech debt balance, TDD, and agile habits) within your team; improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Encourage active participation in all phases of the project lifecycle, and work with project management to remove impediments and provide visibility to stakeholders.
What You'll Bring
- Typically, 7+ years of relevant engineering experience in fast paced environments
- 4+ years experience managing high performing agile development teams
- 3+ years prior experience programming in at least one OO language (Python preferred)
- 2+ years experience in cloud-native environments such as GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Strong understanding of the technologies associated with team’s specific domain:
- Python, Flask, Jinja, ES6, Vue.js, Sass, Webpack, Redis, Docker, GCP, Terraform, Ansible, Memcached, Nginx, Snowflake, Looker, Matillion
- Track record of meeting schedules on time; clearly defining deliverables and timetables, with demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities in complex environments and manage teams to successful project completion
- Demonstrated ability as an effective mentor and coach who understands how to successfully integrate into a team of talented developers
- Exceptional analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience desired
Who We Are
Since 2014, ReCharge has helped over 15,000 merchants launch and scale their subscription business. Be it a curated monthly box, recurring necessities or access to exclusive perks, ReCharge powers billions of dollars in annual processing for nearly 30 million consumers. Our remote-first team of 250+ is building the future of subscription commerce. Come join us on our mission to connect and empower the world through payments.
ReCharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. ReCharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.