Senior Mobile Automation Engineer, Realm
The database market is extensive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
With Realm we help mobile developers build better apps faster by giving them a powerful alternative to SQLite. The Realm is on-device object database is open-source and used by more than a hundred thousand active developers. Over 65% of Fortune 1000 companies rely on Realm in their apps.
As a Developer Productivity Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of a CI infrastructure (we are migrating off Jenkins CI to GitHub Actions). We are looking for a person who is a self-learner, enjoys optimizing workflows/processes, and has a laser focus on ensuring a great developer experience.
The ideal candidate will
- Have 5+ years of applicable experience in developer productivity or similar role
- Have experience with a CI/CD for cross-platform mobile applications. Realm is built for all mobile and desktop operating system and processor architectures
- Have experience with build systems (CMake, Gradle etc)
- Have experience with running tests on physical devices (for example AWS Device Farm)
- Have a high interest in understanding requirements from the team and owning the solution while operating almost entirely autonomously
- Have interest in open source software development
- Own, maintain and expand CI/CD on GitHub Actions and Evergreen
- Take care of the build scripts and CMake files in the Realm open source project
- Manage upgrades of dependencies (Xcode, Android NDK, CMake, etc.)
- Setup CI for new SDKs (Unity, Raspberry Pi, Dart/Flutter, C++)
- Maintain shared test harness
- We use a semi-automated mock deployment of our backend infrastructure for testing purposes that needs to be available for tests on devices and other exotic environments
- Make sure CI runs tests on all platforms we support, both software and hardware
- Make sure developer workflow is optimized as new requirements are incorporated - e.g. adding support for more hardware platforms, or upgrades in existing ones (building and testing on Apple Silicon, for example)
- Collaborate proactively with teammates and colleagues across the organization as well as the open-source community
The Software Engineer will be successful in this role when they
- Can deliver tasks through the entire SDLC, from design through deployment with minimal guidance
- Can guide and assist Realm engineers on best CI practices
- Can support open source community contributors on GitHub by opening up CI
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.