Senior Security Infrastructure Engineer
Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for the deployment, maintenance and ongoing support of the managed security services platform(s). You will also take the lead on the technical design and deployment of the clients in-house managed service products (SIEM/RMM/SOAR tools) following ITIL aligned process and policy. This also includes deploying new clients into the security platform(s).
- This is both an internal and client facing role with a mix of BAU/3rd Line escalations along with project work.
- Deliver Proof of Concepts for new designs (Client and Internal infrastructure) and products as needed.
- Support with technical/pre-sales demonstrations and design.
- Provide infrastructure security advice and IT support to the wider SOC team members.
- Oversee all maintenance and support of the managed services.
- Patch management (as an escalation point especially around more technical hardware such as network infrastructure)
- Help develop better ways of working and automation were possible.
- Weekly reporting to management.
- Develop documentation and process for deployments, BAU and engineering standards / best practice.
- Act as a mentor for more junior members of the team.
- Participate in an On Call rota (typically one week in four but on occasion more often during sickness and leave)
- Experience with management and configuration of Windows, Linux and Mac OSX operation systems and architecture.
- Experience across all areas of the Elastic / ELK Stack (Elastic search, Kibana, Log stash), including design, deployment and management
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (Azure/AWS/Google Etc.), including design, deployment and management.
- Experience with the configuration and management of routers and switches (including VLAN/VXLAN, BGP, OSPF, VPNs) and firewalls.
- CCNP Qualified or Equivalent experience, PCNSE Qualified or Equivalent experience.
- Understanding of service desk support processes and procedures.
- SIEM experience (ideally LogRhythm, Splunk, Elastic SIEM, SOAR Technologies such as Cortex or Azure Sentinel)
- Virtualisation tools (VMWare / Hyper-V)
- Understanding of infrastructure as code (IaC)
Other requirements - Beneficial not essential
- Understanding of API’s and API driven platforms.
- Network design and security architecture reviews.
- An understanding of the MITRE framework.
- Experience of ISO 27001, Cyber Essentials of CAF frameworks.
- Flexibility to work from home occasionally (80/20 office/home) (currently 100% working from home due to COVID restrictions).
Job region(s): Europe
Job stats: 4 0 0