Head of DevOps H/F
Engineering Manager Ops, Platform @TheFork
TheFork, a TripAdvisor Company, is the leading online restaurants reservation platform in Europe, Australia and Latin America, with a network of more than 80k restaurants worldwide, more than 30.5 million monthly visits and present in 22+ countries around the globe.
TheFork connects restaurants and diners.
We are looking for an engineering manager to lead our Ops team, to build the technical platform that powers TheFork and supports its growth.
Why should you join us?
You are passionate about technology and comfortable in an international and agile environment. You are ready for the challenge of a high volume for millions of users and thouthands or restaurants worldwide.
Our technical platform is in constant evolution : we’re moving from a private cloud to AWS, we’re breaking a monolith into microservices, and we’re embracing new technologies or services to better answer our growth challenges.
As the engineering manager of the Ops team, you will be responsible for the TheFork infrastructure. You will be part of the platform team, whose mission is to enable developers to succeed in their mission with efficiency, quality, performance and low risk.
Your mission will be to make sure the technical platform is up & running, responding to volume increases and spikes. You’ll define the technical strategy in close collaboration with the architecture team and tech leads.
Your team of around 8 people will provide tools, advice and support for engineers to build at scale our web and native applications, backend services, internal tools…
You will work on the following subjects :
- Scalability of our infrastructure
- Technical strategy definition and implementation
- Public Cloud Migration (Kubernetes/AWS)
- Performance improvements
- Cost monitoring and optimisation
- Real time supervision and monitoring
- Provide easy to use tools to development teams, leveraging prebuilt services
- Incident analysis and resolution
- You have a solid technical background in web technologies
- You have already coached and mentored 5+ people teams including senior software engineers
- DevOps and Infrastructure as Code are not just buzzwords for you
- You are confident with, Docker or/and kubernetes
- You are rigorous, dynamic & curious, equipped with an agile mindset and a strong team spirit that allow you to adapt to a changing environment
- You are data-driven
- You have experience with architectural patterns of large-scale applications
- You are comfortable writing and speaking in both English and French.
TheFork & TripAdvisor Core Values
- Speed wins
- We never stop learning
- Act as an owner
- We are better together
- We love our customers
- We believe in transparency
What do we offer ?
- Being part of hyper growth digital player, headquartered in Paris, with strong international presence and with a winning company culture (balance long-term perspective with accountability, leverage learning & innovation, increase internal cohesion, build a caring environment)
- Attractive salary & bonus based on performance, Restricted Stock Units
- Meet-up & Conferences
- Cool and cosy offices located in the heart of Paris (9eme)
- RTT, flexible hours, home-office
- Fresh fruits delivered everyday
- Ping-pong, babyfoot, video games, board games, free massage, yoga, cross training and boxe lessons, afterworks, theater courses, global european seminar…